Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by ian.birchall »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:28 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm Where is our reputed billionaire when we need him???
Billionaires tend to stay that way by not frittering money away on a sports club
True. They seem to be burning it £millions at a time on a flight into space for a few minutes. 😅
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:39 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:28 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm Where is our reputed billionaire when we need him???
Billionaires tend to stay that way by not frittering money away on a sports club
True. They seem to be burning it £millions at a time on a flight into space for a few minutes. 😅
Well no doubt bezos will be getting a prime delivery into space
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

irl_warr wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:58 pm
irl_warr wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:18 pm First post and a little dramatic, but my source at Salford (through Budge) is absolutely sure GW has signed up for Wire, did so on Friday. He wanted a new challenge in fresh environment. Pretty sure Trueman will follow Powell for 2022 also.

Dan if you ask your source today, I am more than sure they will go cold on the deal happening :roll:
George has not signed for Warrington as of today.
Asked again yesterday evening, according to Budge he has already signed for Warrington. Also Wire are shopping around Jake Mamo.

As of 10 minutes ago Wigan are not aware of anything signed with Warrington.

Are you referring to Joe Burgess as “Budge”?

If so. He once told people Sam Tomkins had signed for Warrington right before he re signed for Wigan.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I keep seeing people online on other social media platforms getting confused with the "£100k more than Wigan" line.

I don't know if it has came from what I said, but so far I have seen people saying Wire have offered £100k a year more or Wire have offered £100k over 3 years more.

What I was told was "over the 4 year period Warrington's offer is six figures higher"

so that's at least £25k a year, If that was the difference Wigan would match it with no hesitation.

however, it could be £200k, £300k more, I do not know. I just hope the Williams to Wire rumours have somehow been adapted and taken from what I posted on here.

No Journalists are reporting anything regarding Williams so that tells me nothing has been signed. its the biggest transfer for years, one journalist would have inside info if something had happened 100%.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Have to agree if anything had been signed someone would have had this printed by know. I do however think he is going to wire and think he is playing Wigan like a fiddle to keep raising the price.😒
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:05 am Have to agree if anything had been signed someone would have had this printed by know. I do however think he is going to wire and think he is playing Wigan like a fiddle to keep raising the price.😒
Im not as confident as I was, but Wigan seem to be keeping tight lipped over it all, but like I said yesterday, they were not aware of anything being signed
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:43 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:58 pm

George has not signed for Warrington as of today.
Asked again yesterday evening, according to Budge he has already signed for Warrington. Also Wire are shopping around Jake Mamo.

If so. He once told people Sam Tomkins had signed for Warrington right before he re signed for Wigan.
I didn't know that. However when you say "told people" I assume you mean fans etc. In this instance he has told a chief executive of the club he is currently playing for. Was also told personally by Harvey Livett yesterday that GW is a Wire player.

I would say the silence from Wigan is simply because they can't exactly state "we are not re-signing George"?

I guess time will tell :?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

irl_warr wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:19 am

I didn't know that. However when you say "told people" I assume you mean fans etc. In this instance he has told a chief executive of the club he is currently playing for. Was also told personally by Harvey Livett yesterday that GW is a Wire player.

I would say the silence from Wigan is simply because they can't exactly state "we are not re-signing George"?

I don't necessarily not believe you but why would a ex wire player be in the know of the clubs recruitment?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I'm not questioning you mate I'm just saying what I know from previous saga's :lol:

Time will tell you're right. doesn't sound promising for Wigan going off that
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:36 am

I don't necessarily not believe you but why would a ex wire player be in the know of the clubs recruitment?
Because he plays with Burgess who will of told the whole of Salford