Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Williams as it stands.

Post by Dan2266 »

Just thought Id start a new thread with a summary of the current situation....

Canberra and Williams disputing his release, he would like to come home now (I don't know why he isn't signing the release papers)

Williams is unhappy at the way they have brushed aside his mental health and wellbeing (so he could purely be taking a stand for players rights, hence not lying down and signing the release) (also the amount of support he has received from players in both competitions.

Canberra are trying to say they are entitled to compensation (they terminated his contract so I don't see how they will argue that one)

Canberra players are furious, most notably Josh Hodgson & Ryan Sutton. (Hodgson rumours will pick up in a few weeks for Wigan/Hull FC in 2022)

Sutton, as it stands now, has no intention of returning to the super league

Wigan & Williams agent do not expect it to go to court. as Canberra risk a squad revolt if they do.

Wigan have everything in place to Sign him immediately (Williams has given his word on this)

Wigan also still have a deal on the table for 2022, if Williams does not get an immediate release, as do Warrington (if this is the case highly likely he goes to Warrington)

Leeds have offered him a short term deal, as have Wakefield, Leigh & Newcastle.

Going off purely what I know, and what the club have gathered from agents/unions. George Williams will be a Wigan player by the end of June. but it will be announced before then. This weekend is a possibility If Canberra and Williams come to an agreement out of court. If not, then it will drag on, and all the while it drags on, Warrington have a chance to shift someone off their cap to accommodate Williams immediately.

As of this morning Warrington are nowhere near an immediate deal.

That Is all I know, and I doubt I will hear anymore before he signs for someone.

So fingers Crossed Rads & Lenners can get this one over the line.
cherry toffee

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by cherry toffee »

Right thanks for that update Dan, so the concerns i voiced on the other thread regarding Warrington are possible? Also are you aware of Thornley being signed or is it just a rumour same with Gelling?
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

cherry toffee wrote:Right thanks for that update Dan, so the concerns i voiced on the other thread regarding Warrington are possible? Also are you aware of Thornley being signed or is it just a rumour same with Gelling?
He wasn't aware of Thornley were you Dan? [emoji57][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:17 am Right thanks for that update Dan, so the concerns i voiced on the other thread regarding Warrington are possible? Also are you aware of Thornley being signed or is it just a rumour same with Gelling?
ddtftf says Thornley is signed and we are interested in Gelling, If he says that then believe it.

Yes George may still end up at Warrington, but he has given Wigan his word. until its signed anything can happen, but its 99% he will be a Wigan player.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:07 pm
cherry toffee wrote:Right thanks for that update Dan, so the concerns i voiced on the other thread regarding Warrington are possible? Also are you aware of Thornley being signed or is it just a rumour same with Gelling?
He wasn't aware of Thornley were you Dan? [emoji57][emoji1787]

I wasn't no, There's lots and lots I'm not aware of :lol:
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

[emoji1787][emoji106]

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:53 pm [emoji1787][emoji106]

I wonder if JM is a real profile? :roll:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Mike wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:04 pm
JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:53 pm [emoji1787][emoji106]

I wonder if JM is a real profile? :roll:

Be funny if it was someone who deals with recruitment trolling me 🤣🤣
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Lol I'm real can check it on rl fans if you want [emoji1787] been on there along time

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:35 pm Lol I'm real can check it on rl fans if you want [emoji1787] been on there along time

That sounds exactly like what someone who isnt real would say :o :o :lol: