Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by Caboosegg »

Oh I agree I'm not happy with recruitment so far, I'm just not panicking as it's not finished yet and the lack of options available to all clubs is well documented.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:09 pm Oh I agree I'm not happy with recruitment so far, I'm just not panicking as it's not finished yet and the lack of options available to all clubs is well documented.
I agree
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:09 pm Oh I agree I'm not happy with recruitment so far, I'm just not panicking as it's not finished yet and the lack of options available to all clubs is well documented.
Given the lack of options, we will be facing stiffer opposition than usual in the transfer market. We have Hastings, Burgess, & Gildart wages to play with (plus one or two others). Yet, if the Williams rumours are true then we can’t compete for a player who will only count as £75k on the cap. How likely are we to push the boat out for another big name who will count as more against our cap and may carry a transfer fee?
I’ll hold judgement until the Williams deal is confirmed and our signings are complete, but at this stage I’m starting to get concerned.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

3 year deal with wire with 100k difference in salary compared to wigans offer apparently
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Its only a rumour and Ive heard nothing from Wigan, not to sure where its came from. It may or may not be true, but they did up their offer last week as I said
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:57 pm Its only a rumour and Ive heard nothing from Wigan, not to sure where its came from. It may or may not be true, but they did up their offer last week as I said
I’m not sure why Warrington aren’t announcing it, it may well be live cap related. I know they are shopping Jake Mamo and Clarke around. When I heard from my source at Salford, my first thought was that I didn’t think Budge would give false info, just simply due to his friendship with GW, he was pretty sure George was already signed up last Friday. I’d imagine a decent pay packet helps but we will never be made aware of the actual disparity between what Wigan and Warrington offered, was also told a fresh, new challenge was more important to George than revisiting the old.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This.

As for Williams it’s got boring now someone announce something one way or the other
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Where is our reputed billionaire when we need him???
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm Where is our reputed billionaire when we need him???
Billionaires tend to stay that way by not frittering money away on a sports club
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'll be so diasappointed if we miss out on George. Been really hoping for some positive recruitment news for a few weeks. If he doesn't sign I don't fancy our chances next season given the limited (realistic) options available. Come on Mr Lenagan, make my day!