Recruitment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fujiman

Re: Recruitment

Post by Fujiman »

I can't remember Ben Cross.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Came from Widnes (or was it the other way round)

Aussie lad at the end of his career. Deffo no world beater but would probably run clean through our shocking "defence" at the moment
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:35 pm Came from Widnes (or was it the other way round)

Aussie lad at the end of his career. Deffo no world beater but would probably run clean through our shocking "defence" at the moment
and stuck a few on joel tomkins also
Ggtt11

Post by Ggtt11 »

The problem is when people go we don't replace them, in my eyes Thornley isn't good enough to put a wigan shirt on. The pack needs experience in it with some size too, the young lads are good but they are massively missing a ball playing 13. And Powell needs to be replaced I don't think I ever see him go from dummy half when there's ample opportunity then that creates a fast play the ball and lets the forwards run at a line that isn't set. If our forwards can't get on top of other teams packs then our backs will never get the chance to click. So for me 2 props a 9 a ball playing 13 someone to replace gildart leave Harry Smith where he is he's playing well hes really starting to develop and drop leaulai to bench to come on at 9 and sign williams. Also it's fine giving lam all the slack we nearly won the GF last year. If the kicked for touch marched saints up field and dropped a goal it was ours, he can only pick players that he has and he needs backed to sign these players I could be wrong about him but at the minute our pack is really letting us down
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Ben Cross was a 6 ft 3 in , 17 1/2 stone+ prop signed from Leeds in August 2011. The same day he signed a short term deal till the end of the season with us, he signed a long term deal with Widnes. He played 5 games and 5 as sub for Wigan and 30 games for Widnes. He played State of Origin for New South Wales. Wonder if he is still available?
We have the history Sentelins wish they had