Lam out !! ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Lam out !! ??

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:28 am Daryl Powell win % in SL

Leeds 58%
Castleford 59%

I don't want Powell at wigan because he simply isn't good enough at Top flight on his current record (can always change).
He has while castleford produced consistently good teams while spending nowt really now he is at wire he won’t have that issue it’ll be interesting to se how he goes,for me he’s the best available coach other than Watson,who Wigan should have moved heaven and earth to get last season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Waney has a 68% win rate.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 pm Waney has a 68% win rate.
And I'm not particularly impressed with that really, although he had lots of chopping and changing year on year I would want the Wigan coach to have a 75-80% win/loss record although that's probably wanting to much
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lams is currently 66%.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I've seen part of a newspaper article from a Barrow paper. Joe Bullock is quoted as saying the reason he is leaving Wigan is simply down to the coach. Bullock's been unhappy with selections for a while and decided that his face no longer fits at the warriors hence his move

Lam apparently is insistent that a young pack is the way forward
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:15 pm I've seen part of a newspaper article from a Barrow paper. Joe Bullock is quoted as saying the reason he is leaving Wigan is simply down to the coach. Bullock's been unhappy with selections for a while and decided that his face no longer fits at the warriors hence his move

Sounds like Lam is nothing more than a yes man
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:15 pm I've seen part of a newspaper article from a Barrow paper. Joe Bullock is quoted as saying the reason he is leaving Wigan is simply down to the coach. Bullock's been unhappy with selections for a while and decided that his face no longer fits at the warriors hence his move

Spot on, which is why coaches like Watson and Powell would never be seriously considered at Wigan because they would want to bring there own ideas and players into the club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sounds like Tom Davies’ reason to leave not long after signing a 4 year deal!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

MadMaxWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Spot on, which is why coaches like Watson and Powell would never be seriously considered at Wigan because they would want to bring there own ideas and players into the club.
do you honestly believe maguire or Wane where yes men. People really do want to fine reason to dump on IL at any op
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
MadMaxWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:22 pm Sounds like Lam is nothing more than a yes man
do you honestly believe maguire or Wane where yes men. People really do want to fine reason to dump on IL at any op
Maguire was a former assistant given his first head coach appointment by IL, was only here a short time and had a very good squad so he had nothing to object to. It’s hard to say what sort of relationship he had with IL or would have had, had he decided to stick around for a few more years.

If Wane wasn’t a yes man then this meant he was in full agreement with decisions like signing Andy Powell (ridiculous) and the inexplicable departure of McIllorum. That he was happy with the policy of virtually automatic resigning of past players like Mossop and seeing players play on past their retirement dates.

There were questionable decisions and a steady erosion of the quality of the squad the longer Wanes tenure lasted yet he put up with it so was a yes man or just as bad was equally responsible for it.

As to IL getting stick the debacle over the Edwards signed was one of the most unprofessional and embarrassing chapters in the clubs history and we know part of the reason Edwards walked was him not being able to bring in his own back room team. This was then compounded by giving the head coach’s job to Lam who looks to be sticking around while his squad is losing its best players and Wigan are signing championship standard players to replace them.

The policy of saying we will resign departing players with the club making out this is some sort of brilliant idea is patronising. The fans know the players only come back here if they want to, not because they are compelled to.

The list of excuses being made for what is going on at the moment gets longer by the day. Money, recruitment for a reserve side, lack of season ticket holders while our rivals are progressing their squads.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Wane came back in some capacity with Lockers involved in coaching the first team as is rumoured but if that happened you’d never convince me it was for no other reason than IL can’t or won’t sign an established coach from outside the club. I’d not be surprised if it isn’t common knowledge in the RL world Wigan coaches under IL have little say about anything such as fitness staff and squad management so that puts them off.

If Wane has any sense he would not come back and risk ruining his reputation unless there is evidence IL is putting together a squad that can compete which at the moment there isn’t.