Official Site

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Official Site

Post by josie andrews »

Last post on the OFFICIAL SITE was 30th May! Today is the 2nd June.

There is an U17 Academy game at Robin Park tonight v St Helens!

On FB & Twitter there has been several posts about this & also states it is on Wigan TV.

Do the club not realise that not all it’s season ticket holders or fans are on Social Media?

I know they are trying to appeal to to a younger fan base but come on, don’t forget about the ones who aren’t interested in all the tittle tattle, what they have for breakfast etc, abuse of the club or players. We just want to be able to read about what is happening with the club!

Little rant over 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cherry toffee

Re: Official Site

Post by cherry toffee »

Spot on Josie I don't do social media so rely on official site,or you,for information you would think the club would be trying to appease fans not alienate them at the present time just about sums them up at the moment
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

+1 have never used social media so rely on here which is usually way ahead of official site anyway
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve said all this for years!

Think they have young people doing all or any of the updates!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

According to this the U17's play tonight v Saints and the U16's play Saints next Wednesday.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/fixtures/under-17s

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/fixtures/under-16s
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am sure the club thinks if you have the Internet you can access Facebook.

Now granted for privacy reasons some people might not want to sign up to this platform but in my opinion that is the only valid reason for not using it as you can sign up and not be active and just watch for announcements. They are also different in that they “push” information at you rather than relying on you regularly visiting a web site which is no doubt why the club favours them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Well said Josie. Having been around computers for most of my working life, I would never allow Facebook/WhatsApp near my personal data. The rest is just a glorified rumour mill for trolls.
If you have an official site, it's your gateway not just for committed fans but also for those who might become supporters.
This forum (ahem) is a lifeline when the club is silent.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whoever is over the news releases must have seen this OP!

Thread about Halsall was put on the Official site at almost the same time as it popped up on my screen for a Twitter update! 😊

Whoever it is, thank you & keep it up 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️

Also in WEP 😊