Genuinely Confused!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Genuinely Confused!

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:38 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:03 pm I simply do not understand anyone clinging to the idea that George Burgess might be back next year. With a hip replacement there is no way he will ever be able to play professional rugby league again.
Don't take my word for it with the experience of 3 hip replacements behind me but just look at Andy Murray struggling with his comeback in a non contact sport.
Where has it been said he’s had a hip replacement? The only thing I read was he’d had an operation and as far as I am aware a hip replacement has never been mentioned before or after the op.
I thought it was supposed to be some sort of “hip resurfacing”??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Whatever he had done. If he returns to the NRL and rips it up over there then individuals at the club have been left with even more egg on their faces

If he cannot get a contract expect him to be linked with Leeds
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Been talking to a few leythers at work who are big Leigh fans and they don’t have many good things to say about Mason. One said the only decent thing he’s done this season is score against us, with that track record, see Mitch Clarke, he’s sure to be signed. I’d take thornley at a push but another poor forward is not what we need.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

w.thomas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:04 pm Been talking to a few leythers at work who are big Leigh fans and they don’t have many good things to say about Mason. One said the only decent thing he’s done this season is score against us, with that track record, see Mitch Clarke, he’s sure to be signed. I’d take thornley at a push but another poor forward is not what we need.
Could that not be because he's linked to Wigan, like suddenly Williams failed in the NRL because he's homesick.
I'm only comparing fans views on players when they are leaving not player class/skill/ability.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:16 pm
w.thomas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:04 pm Been talking to a few leythers at work who are big Leigh fans and they don’t have many good things to say about Mason. One said the only decent thing he’s done this season is score against us, with that track record, see Mitch Clarke, he’s sure to be signed. I’d take thornley at a push but another poor forward is not what we need.
Could that not be because he's linked to Wigan, like suddenly Williams failed in the NRL because he's homesick.
I'm only comparing fans views on players when they are leaving not player class/skill/ability.
But he has failed in the NRL, He hasn't seen out his contract, The club have basically sacked him and he hasn't won any silverware, How has that been a success?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:16 pm
But he has failed in the NRL, He hasn't seen out his contract, The club have basically sacked him and he hasn't won any silverware, How has that been a success?
He’s in a side that is struggling just like us atm.

A few said that about Bateman too that he was a failed Brit in the NRL
He got a Dally M medal after his first year but he was still a failure to some cos he wanted to come home!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

With our recent record of players returning I think Mr Wane will be returning.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 pm With our recent record of players returning I think Mr Wane will be returning.
I think he’s got more sense than do that. Why risk your reputation and legacy as Wigan coach given what seems to be happening with the squad at the moment?

Edwards bailed and I don’t think Wane is daft enough to let his obvious passion for the club to cloud his judgment either.

If I am right and it becomes obvious Lam needs to be replaced that leaves IL and Rads with a problem. They will actually have to persuade someone with no connection to the club to come an coach it or risk giving it to Lockers/TL.