Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi 'not worrying' about future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors' Dom Manfredi 'not worrying' about future

Post by josie andrews »

Dom Manfredi has “not a clue” where – or even if – he will be playing next year.

The winger has made a successful return to action from a hand problem – the latest blow of an injury-ravaged career which has undoubtedly cost him Test honours.

During the off-season, Manfredi admitted he may quit the sport if he suffers more bad luck.

But right now, the 27-year-old – who is out of contract later this year – is living in the moment and not even contemplating his future.

The winger has made a successful return to action from a hand problem – the latest blow of an injury-ravaged career which has undoubtedly cost him Test honours.

During the off-season, Manfredi admitted he may quit the sport if he suffers more bad luck.

But right now, the 27-year-old – who is out of contract later this year – is living in the moment and not even contemplating his future.

I’ve not a clue,” said Manfredi, when asked if he had made a decision on his future.

“I’m not worrying about it at all.

“I just want to stay fit, enjoy my rugby and the rest will take care of itself. I just want to enjoy myself.”

Manfredi, who missed Wigan’s Grand Final charge last year with a minor knee problem, has shown glimpses of his true quality since returning last month.

“I feel like I’m still finding my feet, I feel pretty good but I feel like there’s a lot more to come,” he said.

“I just want to do my best for the team, stay fit and enjoy my rugby.”

Leigh-born Manfredi graduated from the Wigan academy system and after making his debut in 2013, became a regular face in the side two years later.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... re-3258658
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan