Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Can look at it that way but most who are leaving or on loan are players most on here have been complaining about. With recent loanees and Clubb not being offered a deal the it looks to me like big money signings are coming in and if a fringe/young player goes on loan he'll return.

There have been rumours about a change in head coach, departures and arrivals should be seen in that context.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 pm There have been rumours about a change in head coach, departures and arrivals should be seen in that context.
But that context is itself just a rumour and until it becomes a reality (if it does) can't be used as an excuse.

If Lam is leaving why not say so? People knew Powell at Cas was going to Wire and Cas also have next years coach lined up and for both clubs this is all public knowledge. So players considering joining either know exactly where they stand.

If Lam is definitely off there is absolutely no reason not to say so. If Wigan have not got another coach lined up (or for some daft reason don't want to say) who are they trying to kid by giving the impression Lam will be here next year if he's not going to be? They can't entice players here with Lam as coach if he's going to leave.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

He's not looked poor (when featured) this season at all.

It does baffle me too. Just seem a bit like a Hankinson situation (either not required or not good enough). Either way, like Hankinson, it's hard to place judgememt on his Wigan 'career'.

Is it a project signing which just hasnt worked out? Always seems to be rumoured with loans and departures. If I was Clark I think I'd want out tbh!