Page 1 of 2

Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm
by josie andrews
Wigan Warriors can confirm that forward Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle Thunder on an initial two-week loan.

More to follow…


https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... e-on-loan/

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 am
by Fizz Bomb
josie andrews wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm
Wigan Warriors can confirm that forward Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle Thunder on an initial two-week loan.

More to follow…


https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... e-on-loan/
I really am getting confused. Wigan are struggling for props and now one who has been playing better than some regular players ( he didn’t play in the French debacle) is going on loan, another prop has signed elsewhere for next season, we are struggling for centres and have two on loan, our hooker is taking a pasting from people on here and we have two on loan. Lam will have no players to pick from to drop any players under performing because of them all being on loan. Maybe it is a great master plan that will blindside everyone but if nothing changes there will be more results like the last one. Lam may not rate the players he is allowing to go on loan but they are part of the squad he has to pick from and the only players he can pick to try and change things. He must have a lot of faith in Gildart and Marshall making a huge difference when they return soon, personally l have my reservations about anything changing. There was a lot of positivity and hope at the start of the season with the backs we have but it turns out we have no forwards. Just what role who had where and who signed and let go who, we will never know, but Lam must have been happy with the squad pre-season so why let players go on loan when you need to change things. They may not be good enough but can anybody say the team at Catalan was? Now we know nothing will change because there will be no players left at Robin Park that aren’t in Lams current underperforming first team squad.

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 am
by josie andrews
Fizz Bomb wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 am
josie andrews wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm
Wigan Warriors can confirm that forward Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle Thunder on an initial two-week loan.

More to follow…


https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... e-on-loan/
I really am getting confused. Wigan are struggling for props and now one who has been playing better than some regular players ( he didn’t play in the French debacle) is going on loan, another prop has signed elsewhere for next season, we are struggling for centres and have two on loan, our hooker is taking a pasting from people on here and we have two on loan. Lam will have no players to pick from to drop any players under performing because of them all being on loan. Maybe it is a great master plan that will blindside everyone but if nothing changes there will be more results like the last one. Lam may not rate the players he is allowing to go on loan but they are part of the squad he has to pick from and the only players he can pick to try and change things. He must have a lot of faith in Gildart and Marshall making a huge difference when they return soon, personally l have my reservations about anything changing. There was a lot of positivity and hope at the start of the season with the backs we have but it turns out we have no forwards. Just what role who had where and who signed and let go who, we will never know, but Lam must have been happy with the squad pre-season so why let players go on loan when you need to change things. They may not be good enough but can anybody say the team at Catalan was? Now we know nothing will change because there will be no players left at Robin Park that aren’t in Lams current underperforming first team squad.
Me too! Bloody crazy IMO!

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 am
by josie andrews
Fizz Bomb wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 am
josie andrews wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:20 pm
Wigan Warriors can confirm that forward Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle Thunder on an initial two-week loan.

More to follow…


https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... e-on-loan/
I really am getting confused. Wigan are struggling for props and now one who has been playing better than some regular players ( he didn’t play in the French debacle) is going on loan, another prop has signed elsewhere for next season, we are struggling for centres and have two on loan, our hooker is taking a pasting from people on here and we have two on loan. Lam will have no players to pick from to drop any players under performing because of them all being on loan. Maybe it is a great master plan that will blindside everyone but if nothing changes there will be more results like the last one. Lam may not rate the players he is allowing to go on loan but they are part of the squad he has to pick from and the only players he can pick to try and change things. He must have a lot of faith in Gildart and Marshall making a huge difference when they return soon, personally l have my reservations about anything changing. There was a lot of positivity and hope at the start of the season with the backs we have but it turns out we have no forwards. Just what role who had where and who signed and let go who, we will never know, but Lam must have been happy with the squad pre-season so why let players go on loan when you need to change things. They may not be good enough but can anybody say the team at Catalan was? Now we know nothing will change because there will be no players left at Robin Park that aren’t in Lams current underperforming first team squad.
Me too! Bloody crazy IMO!

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am
by nathan_rugby
It has taken so long to get Clark out on loan and then when we finally do its only for 2 weeks?

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm
by First Try Tickle
Rads said he was one of the best props in super league, we hardly seen enough of him to see if thats true and now he's on his way to Gateshead for a fortnight.

He'll only miss 1 game, and its one he should have had a chance in.

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm
by Charriots Offiah
First Try Tickle wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm
Rads said he was one of the best props in super league, we hardly seen enough of him to see if thats true and now he's on his way to Gateshead for a fortnight.

He'll only miss 1 game, and its one he should have had a chance in.
But it is not true, Rads made it up

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:35 pm
by DaveO
First Try Tickle wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm
Rads said he was one of the best props in super league.....
“I believe he is one of Super League’s most destructive forwards and in a very good Castleford side, he has built the reputation as one the league’s fiercest middles." was the quote.

Taxi for Radlinski!

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:44 pm
by nathan_rugby
DaveO wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:35 pm
First Try Tickle wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm
Rads said he was one of the best props in super league.....
“I believe he is one of Super League’s most destructive forwards and in a very good Castleford side, he has built the reputation as one the league’s fiercest middles." was the quote.

Taxi for Radlinski!
Not sure what is worse. That comment towards a player the majority of us hadn't heard of or re-signing Tony Clubb to a 2 year contract.

Re: Clark joins Newcastle on loan

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 pm
by ddtftf
By the looks of it the Captain is steering the ship onto the rocks I mentioned a few weeks back i was genuinely worried about the club I can only assume we are selling off players before a new owner is coming into the hot seat.
Not long ago IL denied a new director at the club with a big share was taking over then after the denial we see the club selling players right left and centre , is our chairman re cooping his losses before he goes mmmmm :roll: :roll: