Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by fozzieskem »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 pm Heard they are trying to de register inglis. For this season
As I said a vanity signing that was always a huge gamble by them
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:09 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am I'm struggling to understand what Danson is going to bring to Wigan. If we have lost out on our main target for the sake of lets say £150k. Why on earth has a billionaire part owner not just gave the club that money. they'd get it back and probably more off the back of his signing.

and before anyone says "billionaires are billionaires for a reason" its 150k to a billionaire.

Its like average joe giving £15 to the club to seal a massive transfer. Ridiculous that its got to this. Biggest club in the country is being ruined day by day.
It’s great spending other people’s money isn’t it?

You don’t know his cash reserves do you but because he’s a billionaire he must have money,it does annoy me this sort of post
A Billionaire has millions in the bank, that's a fact. and its not as if I'm asking him to stump up millions. its a couple hundred grand for his hometown club over a 4 year period. hardly asking for the world is it?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:13 pm Heard they are trying to de register inglis. For this season
If that's the case, that will need to be done before George physically signs for Wire.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

You would think we where trying to sign Jonathon Thurston at the height of his powers the way some fans are going on ffs :lol:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Well we all know someone's got to to balance cap
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I wouldn’t be going back with any offers if I were Wigan. This is a good halfback, not a World Class one. He isn’t worth offering silly money for. You don’t pay fortunes for halfbacks with a couple of glaring weaknesses that make you need to get him a style of partner that is perfect to cover his weaknesses (long kicking and organising the team). I’d have loved him back for sensible money and that would still have been marquee money more than likely but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Move on and look elsewhere but sort the main issues first. 1-A new coach and 2-a couple of quality forwards.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 pm You would think we where trying to sign Jonathon Thurston at the height of his powers the way some fans are going on ffs :lol:
Or just the fact he is clearly the clubs main target, and we've scrimped in other areas to accommodate him, only to miss out. we could have signed Toby King instead of Thornley and other players instead of pissing around failing to sign a main target.

Its not missing out on williams I'm bothered about its the fact the whole recruitment is a joke
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:51 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:33 am My only slight question over all this is…. For Warrington to physically sign Williams someone from wire has to have signed for someone else, they need to be off the cap before Williams can be on the cap. So the paperwork has to have been signed for a warrington player leaving before Williams can join. And I’ve seen nothing of any wire players signing for another club. Apart from the odd Widdop/Austin rumour
I'd take ratchford in a heartbeat so underrated
We should have gone for him the last time he was up. Let's get him now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Canberra wanting Widdop so they no probs with cap if that happens as Widdops been wanting back to Oz
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:16 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:09 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 am I'm struggling to understand what Danson is going to bring to Wigan. If we have lost out on our main target for the sake of lets say £150k. Why on earth has a billionaire part owner not just gave the club that money. they'd get it back and probably more off the back of his signing.

and before anyone says "billionaires are billionaires for a reason" its 150k to a billionaire.

Its like average joe giving £15 to the club to seal a massive transfer. Ridiculous that its got to this. Biggest club in the country is being ruined day by day.
It’s great spending other people’s money isn’t it?

You don’t know his cash reserves do you but because he’s a billionaire he must have money,it does annoy me this sort of post
A Billionaire has millions in the bank, that's a fact. and its not as if I'm asking him to stump up millions. its a couple hundred grand for his hometown club over a 4 year period. hardly asking for the world is it?
I think it’s a case people have seen this figure and have got it into their heads he will bankroll the club I’ve never thought this we don’t know his bank account no one bad him and his accountant does.

To me he’s there to help spread the debt the club is carrying around rather than just relying on Lanegan to bail the club out each year,he may well be doing far more than meets the eye.

And if Warrington have to have a fire sale go for Rathcford or if Widdop fancy’s staying go for him a much better player than Williams is in my opinion at least