Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:51 am https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/15/dra ... -warriors/

Paves the way for Williams (if it happens)

Also a indication that Williams has not physically signed for anyone yet
Was just reading this 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:44 am
Wes wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:59 am
ddtftf wrote:Let Harry Smith organise and French at standoff would be a good combination to go forward with to bridge a gap when he is fit

Will French be here next year?

I was thinking about Smith and Field, it’s unfortunate he got injured game 1 but doesn’t he see himself as a stand off.

If we get Williams great but if not let’s try Smith and Field and strengthen the squad in the prop department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Field sees himself as a stand off if the tactics are to use him as a second receiver so he has space outwide.
My interpretation of that is he doesn’t see himself as a first receiver / traditional 7.

So field in the halves would be dependent on us playing traditional 6 and 7 and not split halves.
It’s a huge shame we haven’t seen Field yet on a few scores. The main one at the minute being we really could do with a look at him for next season. If he were in the side and flying it would ease people’s nerves for next season and we’d be more inclined to say we’re happy with him and Smith and then just spend the cap space beefing up the pack. As it stands it feels like we’ve got two unproven halfs for next season, a lack of quality in the front row, a lack of quality in the centres and question marks over French being here or not.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

George Williams has now signed for Warrington !!!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:33 am George Williams has now signed for Warrington !!!
Whose left Warrington first?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ddtf gets his information from players who use his fishery and like you Dan he gets good information.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jaws1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:41 am ddtf gets his information from players who use his fishery and like you Dan he gets good information.
Yeah I know mate, I'm not doubting him, he's always bang on. I'm genuinely asking who has left
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Yep. He’s a Wire. Now here is my text “Wigan would not go near the last offer from Warrington, Staggering money… 😳 Highest earner in SL!!! Sezer & Richardson under consideration, Williams personally informed us of his decision”
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:33 am George Williams has now signed for Warrington !!!
George was always joining Warrington and did so some time ago. Those that know him well were all well aware there was no other outcome. Joe Burgess, Lee Mossop and Matty Ashton all verbally confirmed this at beginning of last week. It was common knowledge amongst his pals.

A chief exec. at Salford (who is close friends with Simon Moran) was literally adamant it was a done deal and the Wigan interest and offer was minimal. I guess the feedback we got from the club (through Dan) was simply reflecting the fact they couldn't exactly say they can't or won't compete and have no further interest.

On a more positive note was also told Luke Thompson is our main target for 2022.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm Yep. He’s a Wire. Now here is my text “Wigan would not go near the last offer from Warrington, Staggering money… 😳 Highest earner in SL!!! Sezer & Richardson under consideration, Williams personally informed us of his decision”
Sezer won't leave Huddersfield. He's properly settled and has a great relationship with Watson. It'll be Trueman or Richardson if any. I have a feeling Field & Smith will move us forward.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Sezer won’t be at Huddersfield next season by the looks of things. He’s out of contract and they’ve signed Lolohea and Fages to add to Jack Cogger.

It sounds like he’ll go home though and probably to Brisbane or Canterbury.