Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by Shaun1967 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm Yep. He’s a Wire. Now here is my text “Wigan would not go near the last offer from Warrington, Staggering money… 😳 Highest earner in SL!!! Sezer & Richardson under consideration, Williams personally informed us of his decision”
I have no problem with us refusing to pay a player more than he is worth.
However, we need some very positive transfer news to appease fans.
Aidan Sezer could be just the type of player we need...however he's already been over here for two years.
How much longer is he likely to stay?
I've had season tickets since the 1970's. If we sign the likes of Danny Richardson then I won't be having another. Saints & Cas offloaded for a reason.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Please not Richardson! Seen nothing over the years to suggest that he's a good option for us!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm Please not Richardson! Seen nothing over the years to suggest that he's a good option for us!
But he was the best half back in the world at saints... until he wasn't.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ide seriously consider jordan abdul….. i think hes a really good underrated player
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

We'd have someone who can kick if we get Richardson!!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm Ide seriously consider jordan abdul….. i think hes a really good underrated player
He's just signed a new deal at KR, but I agree, under rated
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

kevbrown1980 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:44 pm We'd have someone who can kick if we get Richardson!!
Best place for him is West Bank.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

irl_warr wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:20 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:33 am George Williams has now signed for Warrington !!!
George was always joining Warrington and did so some time ago. Those that know him well were all well aware there was no other outcome. Joe Burgess, Lee Mossop and Matty Ashton all verbally confirmed this at beginning of last week. It was common knowledge amongst his pals.

A chief exec. at Salford (who is close friends with Simon Moran) was literally adamant it was a done deal and the Wigan interest and offer was minimal. I guess the feedback we got from the club (through Dan) was simply reflecting the fact they couldn't exactly say they can't or won't compete and have no further interest.

On a more positive note was also told Luke Thompson is our main target for 2022.
You were spot on mate, I hope the same can be said for Thompson. However, being interested is not the same as putting your money where your mouth is, we will have to wait and see what action the club takes.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think Thompson is more likely for 2023 personally, as that's when his contract expires, and he has previously communicated to us that he will see that contract out. (when we approached him 6 months ago) Things may have changed but that's the info I have anyway.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm Ide seriously consider jordan abdul….. i think hes a really good underrated player
I agree always seems to go unnoticed that lad KR have a good one in him that’s for sure