Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by Dan2266 »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

So that leaves Inglis being deregistered or Blake Austin leaving.

If George hasn't signed on the dotted line (as per sky & Jenna Brooks) things could get interesting.

Myself & ddtftf may be wrong but we have both been told it is a done deal.

But like I say, Wane & Rads spoke to him yesterday
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Mike wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 pm Getting Charnley back would be great. No idea why Wane forced him out.
Wane forced him out because he didn't like him. He told a relative of mine he had had enough of him and was offering him to Sale.

That's the sort of thing that worries me if Wane comes back as director of rugby.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:51 pm https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

If George hasn't signed on the dotted line (as per sky & Jenna Brooks) things could get interesting.

So we want Wane to use his England job to freeze George out of the World Cup unless he's playing this season? I personally don't think he could be selected if he misses the rest of the year. He'd be fine to play for England in the next match though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:59 pm
Mike wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 pm Getting Charnley back would be great. No idea why Wane forced him out.
Wane forced him out because he didn't like him. He told a relative of mine he had had enough of him and was offering him to Sale.

That's the sort of thing that worries me if Wane comes back as director of rugby.
Thats very much the perception I had as a complete outsider. Charnley was made a public scape goat almost every week, seemingly regardless of his or the teams performance. No other player experienced as much public criticism. He seemed to be very much forced out by Wane. But like I said, i have no insider info, its just what it looked like from the outside.

I also felt something weird went on with McIllorum. I assumed something happened behind the scenes that meant he had to go, otherwise it made no sense at all.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:43 pm
irl_warr wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Yep, sadly quite a few established players are getting shopped around regardless of contract length or family commitments, all to fit George under the cap this year :o

An ex-wigan winger may well be available :roll:
I'm sure they would ship out the flying pig before Charnley.

if not I'd have him back and play him Centre.
Play him a position he only played 3 times about 10 years ago?

Cracking idea
Sounds something Lam would do after first trying him in the front row.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who is this reporter at the MEN?

They seem to be the first / one of the first to be breaking a lot of news / rumours lately.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:40 pm Who is this reporter at the MEN?

They seem to be the first / one of the first to be breaking a lot of news / rumours lately.
Matthew Shaw... one of the best about, He is very well connected.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Not like the WEP!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:51 pm https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true

This will get interesting. Widdop must be player I was told not playing ball. They don't want him to go early and imo he does. Loads of fall out to follow Williams signing. If inglis is de registered won't they have to pay severance pay that will count on cap I would think 2 would have to go so like to see how the Houdini s get past this one but this is rfl where talking about so anything goes.😂
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Yup that’s the man the RL coverage has been excellent this season from him as usual