Liam Marshall reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Liam Marshall reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Post by josie andrews »

Liam Marshall is hoping to blast back into the Wigan side this Friday night.

The winger has declared himself fit and available for selection after recovering from a serious season-ending knee injury last September.

His possible return against Hull KR – in the Warriors’ first match at the DW Stadium with fans – would deliver a boost to Adrian Lam’s battered backline, particularly as centre Oliver Gildart is also nearing a return.

Marshall, 25, said: “Throughout my recovery, I’ve never really had a setback, it’s all gone pretty much according to plan.

I’ve been back in training for two weeks now, and probably could have played against Huddersfield (last Friday) had it not been called off.

“I think possibly next weekend at Hull KR I’ll have a chance of playing, so we’ll see how we go in training and see what Lammy wants to do.

“I’m obviously desperate to get back out onto the field.”

Marshall suffered an ACL injury in a game against Castleford last September, robbing him of the chance to play a part in their Grand Final charge.

I’m not the best watcher of a game, especially with not even being able to go to the grounds for the last year,” admits the academy-graduate, who has scored 63 tries in 80 appearances since his 2016 debut. “Sitting at home is even worse, I’m sitting on the couch shouting at the telly, which has been frustrating.

“It might obviously take me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.

But we’ve tried to replicate as many match situations into my rehab as possible, so I’m hoping it won’t take that long.

“Although it’s a tough injury to come back from, and the rehab is over a period of months, I kind of overestimated in my head how hard it would be to get back.

“And that’s ended up being a good thing, and I’ve been all right mentally and physically in getting through.

“I’ve also seen a few players come back from a similar injury, which has given me a boost, and I’ve been able to ask them questions which has helped me along the way.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... et-3271920
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Liam Marshall reveals Wigan Warriors comeback target

Post by Firestarter »

Had to laugh at this….. oli gildart is nearing a return??? I thought he was good to go at huddersfield before the cancellation?….. its proper dragging on now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Hope Marshall comes back fine. Best winger at the club and a player who shows passion to pull the wigan shirt on!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:04 am Hope Marshall comes back fine. Best winger at the club and a player who shows passion to pull the wigan shirt on!

We have certainly missed him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:04 am Hope Marshall comes back fine. Best winger at the club and a player who shows passion to pull the wigan shirt on!

And so does Manfredi 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:34 am

We have certainly missed him
Have we? I'm not disputing that Marshall is good but Bibby has been good as well.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

Looking forward to see him back in the side. Fingers crossed he hasnt lost any of his pace, will definitely give us a boost. We can start to get players back into preferred positions.