In a nutshell.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: In a nutshell.

Post by Dan2266 »

Shaun Wane in talks, but you already knew that didn't you…. Its only taken 3 months to get out in the press
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

DaveO wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:35 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 pm
The plan is to spend big with a huge redevelopment of the squad under a massively trusted head coach :D
Well I am guessing that is Wane :roll: If true more proof those running the club can't recruit out of their narrow comfort zone.

I wonder what Lam makes if it all? Unless they sack him and put a caretaker in charge he's basically a fall guy given a rubbish squad while his successor will be given this hugely redeveloped squad.

This plan you speak of would put him between a rock and a hard place. Stick around to take the wage because otherwise he might be unemployed or walk before his reputation get trashed completely by taking Wigan backwards.

If he stays (and isn't sacked) then given there is no future for him here I am not sure how he is expected to inspire players to play for him.
Massively trusted head coach reveal yourself 🤣🤣
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm not to dissapointed if Wane comes back in a Kevin Sinfield type role, i would however be interested in who the coaches are.

In a way its a shame are not a bit more like Union on the coaching front.

Get Wane in as a defence coach, keep Lam as an attacking coach.

My concern with Wane though is he has said he doesn't do well not having full control which from the MEN article I doubt he would have.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 pm I'm not to dissapointed if Wane comes back in a Kevin Sinfield type role, i would however be interested in who the coaches are.

My concern with Wane though is he has said he doesn't do well not having full control which from the MEN article I doubt he would have.
I honestly don’t know any more than whats in the article, as far as I was aware Wane would be the “head coach” of it all. Maybe means we could have coaches under him, but where that leaves team and who is incharge on match days I do not know
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Can’t see Wane as anything but head coach for a year or two then giving way to lockers in due course,won’t please some people though
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 pm I'm not to dissapointed if Wane comes back in a Kevin Sinfield type role, i would however be interested in who the coaches are.

Lam as an attacking coach? :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Lam as an attacking coach? :lol:
Well I'm going with the reduced budget theme and I keep seeing how he's bring attacking rugby to Wigan.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:06 pm Can’t see Wane as anything but head coach for a year or two then giving way to lockers in due course,won’t please some people though
This is part of the problem. Why do you presume Lockers should be the next coach? How has he proven himself?

He might turn out to be the next Wayne Bennett, but at the moment he hasn't done anything to suggest he should be a shoe-in for the coach of Wigan.

The jobs for the boys culture is killing Wigan.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:08 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:06 pm Can’t see Wane as anything but head coach for a year or two then giving way to lockers in due course,won’t please some people though
This is part of the problem. Why do you presume Lockers should be the next coach? How has he proven himself?

He might turn out to be the next Wayne Bennett, but at the moment he hasn't done anything to suggest he should be a shoe-in for the coach of Wigan.

The jobs for the boys culture is killing Wigan.
Last time I checked I wasn’t Wigan’s owner so who he chooses as his,not mine,coach is up to him,so I’m not “part of the problem”as you weirdly put it but Lockers hasn’t gone anywhere so looking at the tea leaves I’d say if the current owner,that’s not me in case you’ve forgotten,may want him as the coach after Wane.

Just a thought is all,I won’t be checking current or former players CVS just yet as I’m not Wigan’s owner.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wane and Lockers sound fine to me, we badly need a culture change. We have gone soft.