Change in half back focus

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Change in half back focus

Post by Wes »

I wanted us to resign GW to show we aren’t sliding towards mediocrity, irrelevant of what people say he’s a class act.

Now that he’s Wire bound however, time to move on.

It’s a shame Field was injured game 1 as we may already have Hastings’ replacement on our books but how do we know[emoji1745]

Personally now I would concentrate on retaining French for next year and giving Field the chance to prove himself as a 6 with Smith at 7 tradition, no split.

1 French
2 Marshall/Bibby
3 Hardaker
4 Thornley
5 Manfredi/London kid
6 Field
7 Smith

This ain’t too shabby let’s recoup and sign a couple of good props.

With Radford going to Cas now would be a good time to sign Watts, him and Singleton would be a great pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lucky 13

Re: Change in half back focus

Post by lucky 13 »

I agree with most of that it would have been nice to have a settled half back pairing for a few seasons.
Field is still an unknown, and while Smith looks full of potential its still early days. Guess the deal breaker is French staying and what the coach, whomever that will be thinks? Thats quite a lot of ifs whats and maybes.
Williams is a good half back but maybe not worth whats been banded about.
Top earner in the league? My honest view for Wigan is that several players would be in front of him in that que.
We are a really good prop or to be greedy two and fitness away from being the best team this season. Next season would be gamble with two untested halves behind what we have going forwards at the moment.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!