Spectators

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southport steve

Spectators

Post by Southport steve »

Can anyone tell me why our game on Friday is socially distanced with various measures in place while the crowd at Wakefield are all mingling together with nothing like we have set up ?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Spectators

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Southport steve wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:51 pm Can anyone tell me why our game on Friday is socially distanced with various measures in place while the crowd at Wakefield are all mingling together with nothing like we have set up ?
Because we are clever Lancastrians and they are thick Yorkshireman 😀. Seriously, they are probably sick to death of these ludicrous rules.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Because in Yorkshire

Your mum's your dad, Your dad's your mum, You're interbred, You're yorkshire scum.

Says the half Yorkshire man :shock:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:50 pm I'd already pointed that out to a few of my friends when the semis got played at Leigh

How stupid to have limits on attendances for covid reasons then allow those in the ground to all stand in a huddle behind the sticks??? If that is your attempt then you might as well open up and allow ALL fans back in
I just prefer everyone in Wigan to be kept safe. Not everyone has had jabs just yet, some have had one, vulnerable people like myself have had two. Luckily all my family & close friends have all had two. But I am still wary, wearing a mask, washing hands & keeping space.

When we were away at Salford behind the sticks we all wore masks, at least well from where I could see, & we kept & attempted to keep our distance from people.

It just needs people to be sensible & just think about other people. Be safe & careful. If those in Yorkshire want to mix up then that’s why there is a surge in certain areas & games are getting cancelled!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Sorry, but bee in my bonnet time:
I was born in Hindley, Lancashire and am a proud Lancashireman.

A Lancastrian was someone who backed one half of the "royal" family nearly 600 years ago. Nobody calls Yorkshiremen "Yorkists".

At the Battle of Towton, where the river or Cock Beck "ran red with the blood of English dead" according to Shakespeare, the Lancastrian defenders were from York and nearby Tadcaster. The Yorkshire at armies from down south.

So the Lancastrians were Yorkshiremen! Go figure!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:41 pm Sorry, but bee in my bonnet time:

A Lancastrian was someone who backed one half of the "royal" family nearly 600 years ago. Nobody calls Yorkshiremen "Yorkists".

At the Battle of Towton, where the river or Cock Beck "ran red with the blood of English dead" according to Shakespeare, the Lancastrian defenders were from York and nearby Tadcaster. The Yorkshire at armies from down south.

That is indeed one definition of the term Lancastrian but, and I am sure that you are aware, it also means a native or resident of Lancashire or Lancaster. For what it is worth, I am a Wiganer and I consider myself to be Ancient and Loyal. :?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:41 pm Sorry, but bee in my bonnet time:

What, if anything, has this got to do with spectators?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan