HKR Walk up times

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: HKR Walk up times

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:15 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:On the club site they say those sat in the North, West and East stand to park on Car Park 1 which can be accessed from Stadium Way. I just presumed that it was on the right when driving down Stadium Way towards the ground.
Me too. And if you go on Google Maps and zoom in that’s what it’s labelled as.

Car parks 1, 2 and 5 are on the right as you head towards the ground from Scot Lane along Stadium Way. Car Park 3 behind the East Stand and Car Park 4 further on again south of the ground.

If they have changed the numbers for this season and not told people they are mad.
CP 1 has been in the same place since even before we were given parking passes!

My pass is for Robin Park Arena Car Park 1
I think the car park you are talking about isn’t the one anyone else is!

The club are directing pay on the day east stand ticket holders to the car park labelled car park 1 on this map.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ah, right! How weird? The club needs to be more clearer in its information really as I’ve always know where I park as CP1 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I hope the match goes ahead. hKR had a COVID positive which is not a problem now, but if they get a few more the game might be off.

Could we go top if we win? I'm not sure of the points difference situation.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Just beat them by 72 and we'll be top! :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I read all the stuff on the Club website about arrangements for tonight, and, frankly, it's put me right off! Sure I was looking forward to live sport, but this is a long way from what we had before. Can't sit in your own (ideally placed) seat, no beer, don't shout and clap, may take a while to leave the stadium after game, etc etc...

It just doesn't sound like much fun. To be clear, I am not blaming the Club here; they are doing all they can to keep everyone safe. But having waited all this time to see a live game, I'm tending towards the view that I might as well wait a while longer until things are a little more 'back to normal'.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That’d be a shame. If you go, you can see how many of the official rules they actually insist on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t much more relaxed than in the rules they have to send out. try it, you might like it!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:55 pm I read all the stuff on the Club website about arrangements for tonight, and, frankly, it's put me right off! Sure I was looking forward to live sport, but this is a long way from what we had before. Can't sit in your own (ideally placed) seat, no beer, don't shout and clap, may take a while to leave the stadium after game, etc etc...

It just doesn't sound like much fun. To be clear, I am not blaming the Club here; they are doing all they can to keep everyone safe. But having waited all this time to see a live game, I'm tending towards the view that I might as well wait a while longer until things are a little more 'back to normal'.
We are going but,all that you say is pretty much what we are feeling at the moment I just hope it’s better when you get in type thing but looking at the checklist it’s a pretty joyless sort of affair in store
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Glad it's not just me!

I have been looking forward to it all week, but right now I just can't summon the enthusiasm, and I think I'll rely on Joe Mills and Bilko's commentary.

The situation is fluid, and things could change again soon.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

All that effort and still waiting for them to open the 18.15 slot.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

We just walked in and the allotted time, 18:45