Wigan v HKR game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lazy J

Re: Wigan v HKR game

Post by Lazy J »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:14 am 5 HKR players now down with COVID. All we need is for our lads to go down with it and the season will just get worse and worse.
Don't worry, according to the RFL "overly exuberant" try celebrations are a major factor in transmission, so we've nothing to worry about
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Maybe the want to just avoid the saints match to keep there win % higher
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No Wigan Warriors players showed positive tests after the HKR game.

Only good thing to come out of the game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:54 pm No Wigan Warriors players showed positive tests after the HKR game.

They didnt get close enough to KR to catch out
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:54 pm No Wigan Warriors players showed positive tests after the HKR game.

True! 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

AndyNick wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:34 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm No intentional digs at Powell specifically (as generally I think he works hard in games).......but i'd love to see him make metres and run/scoot like Parcell though!
Just got back after a nightmare journey home due the junction on the M6 bing shut! My son came over from Leeds and I was dropping him off at Newton-le-Willows station for his train which he made with five minutes to spare. I have driven to places I never been before tonight.

As to he Powell proved to right what I said the other week. He's the worst hooker have have had since the 80's.

He can't direct the forwards to save his life and his standard play which he did numerous times is this:

Step 1. Plant feet
Step 2. Move the ball to the left as in some sort of an excuse for a dummy
Step 3. Pass the ball right.

This is all done in slow motion so the opposition are up before the ball is going anywhere and step 2. is quite frankly laughable. He looks like a five year old kid pretending to play RL mimicking something he's seen on TV.

He is garbage and I am sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, time to go to specsavers.
Here we go. How on earth are you singling out Powell from last night? You've got Bullock who dropped more balls than he caught. You've got Gildart who popped up to finish two tries but for most of the match looked completely out of sorts. Was Tommy on the pitch? I didn't notice?? But yeah it was Powells fault.

On a positive note, Marshall did OK on his return, Kai Pearce-Paul was probably our best player when he came on and Joe Shorrocks at least tried to spark some sort of effort. The rest were just lacklustre and felt like they were waiting for something to happen. It needed someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take command. Smith you felt was trying to make something happen but the execution wasn't there. He actually reminds me a lot of George Williams when he first came in, needs to learn when to go for the Hollywood play and when to just take the contact and move on to the next play.
A hooker perhaps?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched the game earlier just before the England match; I figured England were bound to look good by comparison... :D

Out of interest, I went looking for player ratings afterwards, and found these in the MEN;

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-20854672

It was a poor performance, but I have to say, I couldn't agree less!

7 for Gildart, really? Both he and Marshall were rusty, but Marshall was more involved and had the better game of the two, surely. And 7 for Singleton too? But only 5 and 6 for Shorrocks, Byrne, and Havard, who I thought were three of the best of a bad lot.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No Wigan player for me got above 6 and that was Farrell the rest a mixture of 4 and 5 performances,I still think though KR put on a good show,but I suppose that happens with a coach who knows what he’s up to and a recruitment policy that doesn’t seem to be putting a few names in an uncle Joe’s jar and a blindfold and hoping for the best.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 am No Wigan player for me got above 6 and that was Farrell the rest a mixture of 4 and 5 performances,I still think though KR put on a good show,but I suppose that happens with a coach who knows what he’s up to and a recruitment policy that doesn’t seem to be putting a few names in an uncle Joe’s jar and a blindfold and hoping for the best.

Apparently we can blame the recruitment on the returning saviour Wane!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐