Wigan v HKR game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan v HKR game

Post by DaveO »

Bateman ruins a break by chucking the ball away but Wigan get the ball back and score!

8-12 both Wigan kicks missed.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bateman ruins a break by chucking the ball away but Wigan get the ball back and score!

8-12 both Wigan kicks missed.

But not good enough HKR with n the game with a totally telegraphed play
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Enough glimpses in the second half to show a run to the GF is possible.

The biggest thing I noticed is the absolute lack of intensity from the side. They're going through the motions most of the time. It's just not intense enough. And obviously the execution is appalling.

Even with the lack of intensity, we made more than enough chances to win this match easily.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So I will start with the positives

KPP- should be playing every week, a ball playing forward with a nice offload

Bateman was much more himself attitude wise

Isa saved us in defence a few times and was solid.

The effort was there.

The Bad.

The tactics are appauling and the team looks like it has never played together.

Try line defense has gone soft again

Playing Hastings at fullback.

Much much more

The average.

Gildart despite scoring twice didn't do much and scored of the service of Marshal and Smith.

Our forwards didn't get steam rolled.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Game was lost the moment Wanes name was mentioned as coming back. Lam is on a hiding to nothing.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Thought Hastings was excellent at full back actually. Might not be his best position, but he certainly does a good job as a ball playing type FB.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hastings was ok but honestly non of them covered in clover by any means.

KR played the tony smith type game and frankly were better than Wigan bar those few moments when the tries went in.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm Enough glimpses in the second half to show a run to the GF is possible.

The biggest thing I noticed is the absolute lack of intensity from the side. They're going through the motions most of the time. It's just not intense enough. And obviously the execution is appalling.

Even with the lack of intensity, we made more than enough chances to win this match easily.
Going through the motions..that’s the right term for tonight
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm Enough glimpses in the second half to show a run to the GF is possible.

Have you any of the top quality drugs left you’ve been taking for me please? Surely you are being sarcastic? We’ve lost against one of the worst teams in the league and haven’t produced more than 1 decent performance all season. We have a coach that plays players out of position and is clearly clueless when it comes to tactics. I feel sorry for everyone that had to attend that shower tonight without having alcohol available to dull the pain. The future looks even more bleak with the poor signings we are supposedly signing and brining back coaches that have had their time already. A very sad time to be a Wigan warriors fan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 pm Thought Hastings was excellent at full back actually. Might not be his best position, but he certainly does a good job as a ball playing type FB.
I sadly disagree he never challenged for the ball in the air, let's it bounce multiple times without attempting to go for it and seemed to only chime into the line at his preferred halfback spot.

I'm buy no means blaming him but he offered nothing at fullback.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.