Wigan v HKR game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan v HKR game

Post by fozzieskem »

Don’t know what Bullock was doing the little time he was on,ok one drop he didn’t have much chance but he just looked disinterested to me but again he’s another player who simply hasn’t kicked on
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree with everything written.
What I want to know is, how long are we going to have to put up with this?
We need a massive improvement all round and to get that there has to be massive change.
How Lam survives after repeated shows like that I don't know.
There are really talented players out there who are playing well below average.
That has to change.
The change has to be brought about by the club.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm No intentional digs at Powell specifically (as generally I think he works hard in games).......but i'd love to see him make metres and run/scoot like Parcell though!
Just got back after a nightmare journey home due the junction on the M6 bing shut! My son came over from Leeds and I was dropping him off at Newton-le-Willows station for his train which he made with five minutes to spare. I have driven to places I never been before tonight.

As to he Powell proved to right what I said the other week. He's the worst hooker have have had since the 80's.

He can't direct the forwards to save his life and his standard play which he did numerous times is this:

Step 1. Plant feet
Step 2. Move the ball to the left as in some sort of an excuse for a dummy
Step 3. Pass the ball right.

This is all done in slow motion so the opposition are up before the ball is going anywhere and step 2. is quite frankly laughable. He looks like a five year old kid pretending to play RL mimicking something he's seen on TV.

He is garbage and I am sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, time to go to specsavers.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:25 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm Enough glimpses in the second half to show a run to the GF is possible.
Have you any of the top quality drugs left you’ve been taking for me please? Surely you are being sarcastic? We’ve lost against one of the worst teams in the league and haven’t produced more than 1 decent performance all season. We have a coach that plays players out of position and is clearly clueless when it comes to tactics. I feel sorry for everyone that had to attend that shower tonight without having alcohol available to dull the pain. The future looks even more bleak with the poor signings we are supposedly signing and brining back coaches that have had their time already. A very sad time to be a Wigan warriors fan
I had a nice time. It was great to be back!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm No intentional digs at Powell specifically (as generally I think he works hard in games).......but i'd love to see him make metres and run/scoot like Parcell though!
Just got back after a nightmare journey home due the junction on the M6 bing shut! My son came over from Leeds and I was dropping him off at Newton-le-Willows station for his train which he made with five minutes to spare. I have driven to places I never been before tonight.

As to he Powell proved to right what I said the other week. He's the worst hooker have have had since the 80's.

He can't direct the forwards to save his life and his standard play which he did numerous times is this:

Step 1. Plant feet

This is all done in slow motion so the opposition are up before the ball is going anywhere and step 2. is quite frankly laughable. He looks like a five year old kid pretending to play RL mimicking something he's seen on TV.

He is garbage and I am sorry if anyone thinks otherwise, time to go to specsavers.
I kept saying this at the game tonight, he’s the only hooker that dummies at the play the ball giving the opponent time to move up.

He’s so slow it’s criminal, one of the worst hookers in the league. My biggest worry is Wane returning and Powell being captain for the next few years.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

thegimble wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:45 pm Game was lost the moment Wanes name was mentioned as coming back. Lam is on a hiding to nothing.
Lam is not good enough don’t give him an excuse.
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm Enough glimpses in the second half to show a run to the GF is possible.

The biggest thing I noticed is the absolute lack of intensity from the side. They're going through the motions most of the time. It's just not intense enough. And obviously the execution is appalling.

Even with the lack of intensity, we made more than enough chances to win this match easily.
Mike, have you got Covid.
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 pm Thought Hastings was excellent at full back actually. Might not be his best position, but he certainly does a good job as a ball playing type FB.
He was crap. A modern day fullback needs pace as well as skill. Hanley should have been full back.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:02 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:28 pm

Step 1. Plant feet

I kept saying this at the game tonight, he’s the only hooker that dummies at the play the ball giving the opponent time to move up.

He’s so slow it’s criminal, one of the worst hookers in the league. My biggest worry is Wane returning and Powell being captain for the next few years.
I am glad someone else can see it. Why doesn't someone coach it out of him?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:03 am

The biggest thing I noticed is the absolute lack of intensity from the side. They're going through the motions most of the time. It's just not intense enough. And obviously the execution is appalling.

Even with the lack of intensity, we made more than enough chances to win this match easily.
Mike, have you got Covid.
No I did a test yesterday. Why do you ask?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐