THE TRUTH !!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: THE TRUTH !!!!!!

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:33 am IFL didn’t look good when I saw him tonight, I hope he improves and starts to influence this club and get it going in the right direction once again.
I am sorry if he's not well but if he is he needs to stand aside if he's not up to running it. It can't be left to Rads who is a rank amateur.

He (IL) is the majority shareholder and so it's basically "his" club. This is fine if the one majority shareholder is fit, well and rich enough to bankroll a club through hard times but by the sound if it IL is not. If Moran at Wire dropped dead tomorrow who knows where they would be but today, they have no issue signing players and have a better squad that we do.

I think people forget it wasn't one person that dragged Wigan out of mediocrity in the early 80's 's but four. Saints have a similar set up now with several directors who are all equally invested. Sure they have one chairman but they have several active directors who fund the club.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:51 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:33 am IFL didn’t look good when I saw him tonight, I hope he improves and starts to influence this club and get it going in the right direction once again.
I am sorry if he's not well but if he is he needs to stand aside if he's not up to running it. It can't be left to Rads who is a rank amateur.

He (IL) is the majority shareholder and so it's basically "his" club. This is fine if the one majority shareholder is fit, well and rich enough to bankroll a club through hard times but by the sound if it IL is not. If Moran at Wire dropped dead tomorrow who knows where they would be but today, they have no issue signing players and have a better squad that we do.

I think people forget it wasn't one person that dragged Wigan out of mediocrity in the early 80's 's but four. Saints have a similar set up now with several directors who are all equally invested. Sure they have one chairman but they have several active directors who fund the club.
Saints have one major funder as do Wire.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:03 am

Not when I looked at their accounts they didn't. They had loans in favour of the various directors running into millions. IL has funded Wigan the same way i.e. he's not just given Wigan money but has loaned at least some of it. Saints have loans from more than one director.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:03 am

Not when I looked at their accounts they didn't. They had loans in favour of the various directors running into millions. IL has funded Wigan the same way i.e. he's not just given Wigan money but has loaned at least some of it. Saints have loans from more than one director.
Wire have a few benefactors don’t they the owner of card factory etc to name but one