Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
up the junction

Re: Club statement

Post by up the junction »

George was never coming back and the legal wrangle had been going on for a couple of weeks. According to family members .
morley pie eater

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 am
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm
Shaun1967 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 am
But it depends on the terms Manfredi was offered while he got back to fitness. Without knowing this we can’t comment on the consistency.
He too may have been offered a reduced contract which he decided to accept.
Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Rule 22(b) "Applying common sense to any post or thread slagging off the club, team or coach."

Your punishment is to write out 500 times: "I must learn that all posters know better than the club".

Hand it in by 4pm today.

:lol:
No common sense in evidence I am afraid. Arguing you don't know the terms when you don' t know the terms yourself is a fallacy. It's arguing from ignorance suggesting there is something shaun doesn't know exists, exists. These mythical terms.

We know what we know which is one winger with strong playing record for Wigan is dropped like a brick and another is given three years to get well.

If anything the idea Wigan would agree terms using a crystal ball as to Manfredi's fitness is ridiculous.
Sorry Dave, but most of what you say is over my head.

Shaun was making a clear, obvious point that, since we don't know all the details, a simplistic assumption that Charnley's and Manfredi's cases are like-for-like is based on thin air.

In fact, we do know that Charnley had other distractions in farming and being a celebrity, and that his coach openly criticised his attitude/application. Whereas no-one has ever suggested that such considerations applied in Manfredi's case.

But, hey ho, we all have our opinions.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

up the junction wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:17 am George was never coming back and the legal wrangle had been going on for a couple of weeks. According to family members .
This.

He never wanted to return to Wigan. He spoke with Simon Moran months ago and there was never any other destination that Warrington, it was agreed ages ago. All his friends and family knew. The fact the club have waited till now to let fans know is bonkers and even feeding info down the pipeline like "they are trying or competing" to get him signed.

I was told personally he wanted a new club, new challenge and had no interest in rejoining the Wigan setup. There is nothing wrong at all with the Wigan club, it just isn't the same setup it was a few years ago and is moving in an entirely different direction.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 am
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Rule 22(b) "Applying common sense to any post or thread slagging off the club, team or coach."

Your punishment is to write out 500 times: "I must learn that all posters know better than the club".

Hand it in by 4pm today.

:lol:
No common sense in evidence I am afraid. Arguing you don't know the terms when you don' t know the terms yourself is a fallacy. It's arguing from ignorance suggesting there is something shaun doesn't know exists, exists. These mythical terms.

We know what we know which is one winger with strong playing record for Wigan is dropped like a brick and another is given three years to get well.

If anything the idea Wigan would agree terms using a crystal ball as to Manfredi's fitness is ridiculous.
Sorry Dave, but most of what you say is over my head.

Shaun was making a clear, obvious point that, since we don't know all the details, a simplistic assumption that Charnley's and Manfredi's cases are like-for-like is based on thin air.

In fact, we do know that Charnley had other distractions in farming and being a celebrity, and that his coach openly criticised his attitude/application. Whereas no-one has ever suggested that such considerations applied in Manfredi's case.

But, hey ho, we all have our opinions.
You can make the same point about anything we say with players contracts and their comings and going’s. We don’t know the contractual details so it’s not much of an argument.

We do know the coach at the time publicly criticised Charnley who had been great up to his injury and then the club gives Manfredi three years to get fit. It’s just bizarre and inconsistent.

The idea a club would do that because he agreed to play for next to nothing (which was the implication of the original post) doesn’t wash.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 am I thought Dan said he had agreed to sign for us? He was 90% sure of it for the past 3 Fridays

Seems like somebody likes to tell fibs!
I don’t think Dan is telling us fibs at all, he can only tell us what he hears & he did say previously that it looked like he was going to Wire. Just that the club like us all to think they are still in talks.

George went for the bigger money that’s for sure in a nutshell. Load of codswollops about him wanting an new challenge!

He’s definitely lost my respect anyway & I've watched him from being very young! Plus he owes me a rucksack 😉😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:00 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 am Glad it’s all over now.

I’ve said since I joined here this ridiculous get out of jail free card the club insist on offering departing players is wrong,Wigan is the pjnacle of RL in my eyes once they leave there shouldn’t be any coming back other than in some other teams shirt,and no I don’t care if they occasionally have a blinder because for the most part we as fans have seen the beat of them.

That statement clearly mentions financials so one would assume the club has an idea we as fans aren’t to happy at the proposed standard of player incoming,it’ll be interesting to see how things pan out.

As for Williams and wire well they’ve got a good player one who looked good over in Australia but perhaps not as good here it’ll be interesting to see how he goes
Williams says money isn’t the issue??? Aye alreet I believe yer lad 😂😂😂😂
Aye he must have been swayed by Warrington bulging silverware cupboard
:lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 am I thought Dan said he had agreed to sign for us? He was 90% sure of it for the past 3 Fridays

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan were 90% sure.
Then George gave us his word
Then Warrington made that huge offer that I always said was possible.
Then George told Wigan he wanted to go.
Then Wigan backed out of the deal

So no, it doesn't seem like somebody likes to tell fibs, it seems like “somebody” (you) has only read half the thread. Or, you have conveniently forgot the things I said may happen and the times I said he may end up at Wire but Wigan were extremely close.

Wigan have released the statement prior to Wire announcing his signing because its puttinf the blame fully on george and not us as a club. They are saying “we did everything” which they did. Apart from match Wire’s offer.

So no pal. Somebody isn't telling fibs. Check all the other stuff Ive posted and tell me I'm fibbing.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan will try to make George look bad.

George’s friends/family will tell a different story.

He agreed to come back about 4 months ago before all of this kicked off. Hence I first posted saying our first choice to replace Hastings was Williams.

Why would he be our first choice if he hadn’t indicated a willingness to come back?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Why would I bother taking the time out of my day to build up a lie about a player returning. I pass on what I find out from the club. As 99% of my previous posts will back up. Including the Shaun Wane role a day before it was briefed to the press. Do you think I just guess and make things up coincidentally a day before Wigan brief it all? 🤣