Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Club statement

Post by medlocke »

I was the first to post the Williams rumours, 2 weeks before you did Dan, check it out, It's on Facebook, rlfans and somewhere on here
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:49 am I thought Dan said he had agreed to sign for us? He was 90% sure of it for the past 3 Fridays

Seems like somebody likes to tell fibs!
You only joined this website this morning and recon I tell fibs 🤣🤣🤣

Have a look through the previous year mate then get back to me. 👍🏻
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm I was the first to post the Williams rumours, 2 weeks before you did Dan, check it out, It's on Facebook, rlfans and somewhere on here
I don’t have you on facebook and Im not on RL fans…. Im not saying you were not first, but I posted on here what I was told, which was he was our first choice. He wouldn't be first choice if he was unattainable at the time of me posting that.

I don't begrudge anyone who gets info from the club but I will not accept being called a liar. I pass on what I am told, and thats a fact.

At the time of my posts it is 100% accurate. But of course things change, as ive stressed countless times.

Ive seen you post a lot of things on here, weather you are right or wrong I would never call you out on it. Because I understand how all these things work. Everything can change in a moment.
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 pm Wigan will try to make George look bad.

George’s friends/family will tell a different story.

He agreed to come back about 4 months ago before all of this kicked off. Hence I first posted saying our first choice to replace Hastings was Williams.

Why would he be our first choice if he hadn’t indicated a willingness to come back?
If he agreed to come back to Warrington 4 months ago, why post that he’s signing on the dotted line at Wigan for the past 3 Fridays? Why tell fans he’s given his word to Wigan?

Mate, you love the attention of thinking your some sort of Wigan oracle. When in fact you know absolutely nothing.

I’ve been a reader of this site for 12 years, and your posts are the reason why I’ve joined this morning as I can’t believe nobody has called you out sooner!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I announce 5 weeks ago he was going to Warrington I knew then he had gone he was a Warrington fan and always wanted to play for them as a young lad. Sorry my info was correct but i still think the club is right not to be blackmailed into an over valuation of him good player but not the greatest i have seen.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:19 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:00 pm Wigan will try to make George look bad.

George’s friends/family will tell a different story.

He agreed to come back about 4 months ago before all of this kicked off. Hence I first posted saying our first choice to replace Hastings was Williams.

Why would he be our first choice if he hadn’t indicated a willingness to come back?
If he agreed to come back to Warrington 4 months ago, why post that he’s signing on the dotted line at Wigan for the past 3 Fridays? Why tell fans he’s given his word to Wigan?

Mate, you love the attention of thinking your some sort of Wigan oracle. When in fact you know absolutely nothing.

I’ve been a reader of this site for 12 years, and your posts are the reason why I’ve joined this morning as I can’t believe nobody has called you out sooner!
He agreed to come back to wigan 4 months ago. When I said he was our main target. Because that's what I was told.

And I have never ever ever once said “he IS Signing today”

And have throughout said “A crazy offer from Wire may change things” which it has.

All I can say is what I get told.

He gave his word to Wigan that he would honour the agreement. That is a fact.

Its changed. That is a fact.

Does not mean I make stuff up for attention 🤣🤣🤣

I must have made everything else up I’ve posted then eh…. what a clown you are.

Do you think I like it when something other to what I’ve been told happens?

Makes me look like a tit. But at the time of posting I can say it was categorically correct because of who I get my info off.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I wouldn't be too worried about the minor details about who first mentioned him signing for wire. Williams has played both clubs in order to get the best possible deal for himself based on the fact he was losing plenty of dosh by coming back from Australia

Hopefully this means wires cap will be spread a little thinner than they wanted or expected but knowing how they manipulate the cap to sign all these players I've little doubt they will continue their hard work weakening opposition teams whilst at the same time building a massive squad of players to have the strongest team in the reserves. :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:25 pm I announce 5 weeks ago he was going to Warrington I knew then he had gone he was a Warrington fan and always wanted to play for them as a young lad. Sorry my info was correct but i still think the club is right not to be blackmailed into an over valuation of him good player but not the greatest i have seen.
Wigan was never on the agenda for George, no matter when he returned. Mark my words, Wire will also sign Olly Gildart when he decides to return and Burgess is only biding his time at Salford until either Charnley, Mamo or Lineham move along. What I am told is that Jack Hughes is key piece of the puzzle ;)

Dan, please don't get discouraged, just post what you know! The chances are your contact is also getting fed duff info sometimes. I was once told something directly by a player, then the very next day the absolute polar opposite happened to that very player so it really is a thankless process posting information.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I totally get that, Hence why being called a liar winds me up, I just pass things on from someone very high up within Wigan as Ive said before.

I find it hard to believe they were fed duff info because of their position. But they may well be feeding me duff info knowing ill pass it on and it will make the club look like they have tried. But my “In a nutshell post” I should not have said some things on there, but slowly but surely they will happen.

I cant stress enough I only pass things on. There are a lot of people on here who are far far better connected than me.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:03 pm I totally get that, Hence why being called a liar winds me up, I just pass things on from someone very high up within Wigan as Ive said before.

I find it hard to believe they were fed duff info because of their position. But they may well be feeding me duff info knowing ill pass it on and it will make the club look like they have tried. But my “In a nutshell post” I should not have said some things on there, but slowly but surely they will happen.

I cant stress enough I only pass things on. There are a lot of people on here who are far far better connected than me.
dan just keep posting pal…… not everything is always 100% but things also change……. Im always right but apparently im not, according to the missus 😉
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE