Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 pm
josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:52 pm
So after one interview which he made what was perhaps a less than diplomatic comment he’s out the door despite his on field record being absolutely fine?

If that how those running the club reacted that was childish and pathetic. Particularly when the club then goes out of its way to give Hardaker a second chance after his previous record. Talk about double standards.

Has Wane never put his foot in it in an interview?

When those running the club then go on to preside over the Edwards fiasco they really haven’t got a leg to stand on.
Josh’s dad was stood with me at Dewsbury when he had the bad knee injury that kept him out I think it was for a few months. When he did come back he was obviously wary of running or tackling.

I then heard because he wasn’t back to his normal playing self, & his contract was ready to be renewed they offered him a much reduced contract. Which he refused. He was only 24. So he went to Sale!
There is just no consistency. They react like that with Charnley yet give Manfredi three years to get fit.
But it depends on the terms Manfredi was offered while he got back to fitness. Without knowing this we can’t comment on the consistency.
He too may have been offered a reduced contract which he decided to accept.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Shaun1967 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Josh’s dad was stood with me at Dewsbury when he had the bad knee injury that kept him out I think it was for a few months. When he did come back he was obviously wary of running or tackling.

I then heard because he wasn’t back to his normal playing self, & his contract was ready to be renewed they offered him a much reduced contract. Which he refused. He was only 24. So he went to Sale!
There is just no consistency. They react like that with Charnley yet give Manfredi three years to get fit.
But it depends on the terms Manfredi was offered while he got back to fitness. Without knowing this we can’t comment on the consistency.
He too may have been offered a reduced contract which he decided to accept.
Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Rule 22(b) "Applying common sense to any post or thread slagging off the club, team or coach."

Your punishment is to write out 500 times: "I must learn that all posters know better than the club".

Hand it in by 4pm today.

:lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Rule 22(b) "Applying common sense to any post or thread slagging off the club, team or coach."

Your punishment is to write out 500 times: "I must learn that all posters know better than the club".

Hand it in by 4pm today.

😃😃
Ok, I’m on with it but in sticking with the ‘Wigan way’ I’m not gonna announce when it’s complete. You’ll have to assume I’ve done it.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Shaun1967 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:42 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Hand it in by 4pm today.

😃😃
Ok, I’m on with it but in sticking with the ‘Wigan way’ I’m not gonna announce when it’s complete. You’ll have to assume I’ve done it.
Class :lol: :lol: :lol:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

:lol: :lol:

Surely the dog will eat it before then
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hand it in by 4pm today.

😃😃
That is the best post in this thread :lol: :lol:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Hand it in by 4pm today.

😃😃
👏👏👏😆😆😆
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wigan Warriors confirm that George Williams will not be returning to join them after agreeing to join another Betfred Super League club.
Chairman, Ian Lenagan, commented: “Wigan had a signed agreement in place for George Williams to return to Wigan once his stint in the NRL had finished. During our discussions to bring him back following his decision to leave Canberra, George made it clear personally to me and to Kris Radlinski that he had had discussions with another club and, even though he appreciated what Wigan had done for him, he preferred a new challenge and hence did not want to return to Wigan.

“Wigan could have forced the issue legally but that’s not how we operate. If a player is emotionally absent, then there is no point in him being at Wigan.

“We wish George well in his career and also in life, as he embarks on life’s greatest journey as a father.”

George Williams said: “Wigan acted professionally and honourably throughout and tried their very hardest to retain me such that finance was not an issue. I thank them for agreeing not to take legal action against me, even though their signed option allowed that course of action, in the spirit of allowing me to commence playing quickly again with a World Cup place for England in prospect.”
https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... -williams/
pedro

Post by pedro »

so Wigan get their pants pulled down again....pathetic
fozzieskem

Club statement

Post by fozzieskem »

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06 ... -williams/

Well that’s the Williams saga over with