Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Williams to Wire.

Post by Dan2266 »

Done Deal. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
up the junction

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by up the junction »

I’ve just read the same thing in Wigan today
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

that article is quite reserved, Wigan believe he has signed for Warrington and not "set to sign for Warrington". Wigan as of 30 seconds before my post have given up.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Although disappointing, we have to set ourselves a cut off in terms of affordability and what we think he is worth.

I personally had reservations around what a Williams and Smith partnership would bring. They seem very similar players in my opinion.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I wonder what our half back pairing will be next year, we cannot rely on having just Tommy and Smith.

I'm presuming we won't have French so unless Field in the halves and hardaker to fullback we need to bring in another half.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I'm struggling to understand what Danson is going to bring to Wigan. If we have lost out on our main target for the sake of lets say £150k. Why on earth has a billionaire part owner not just gave the club that money. they'd get it back and probably more off the back of his signing.

and before anyone says "billionaires are billionaires for a reason" its 150k to a billionaire.

Its like average joe giving £15 to the club to seal a massive transfer. Ridiculous that its got to this. Biggest club in the country is being ruined day by day.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 am I wonder what our half back pairing will be next year, we cannot rely on having just Tommy and Smith.

I'm presuming we won't have French so unless Field in the halves and hardaker to fullback we need to bring in another half.
The determining factor with field will be based on:
1 - what happens with French
2 - our tactics for 7 and 6 ( split halves vs traditional)
3 - where our coach sees Smiths role / position

Field has previously said he can play 6 if he’s given freedom and space outwide. That would only be possible playing with traditional 6 and 7. If that is the case, do we see Smith as a 7 (first receiver) or 6 (second receiver)? If the latter then we couldn’t really have a Smith and Field pairing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Now I'm hearing another twist. Wigan are trying to offer another deal. I've just been told Wigan think he has signed for Wire now I'm being told Wigan are upping the offer, why would they do that if they think he has signed.... have they been told he hasn't signed?

Is this just a Williams agent PR stunt to get what he wants from Wigan :roll:

I agree we shouldn't just chuck money at him, but if he is our main target and an ex fan favourite then Wigan need to be seen to be doing everything possible to get him.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:17 am Now I'm hearing another twist. Wigan are trying to offer another deal. I've just been told Wigan think he has signed for Wire now I'm being told Wigan are upping the offer, why would they do that if they think he has signed.... have they been told he hasn't signed?

Is this just a Williams agent PR stunt to get what he wants from Wigan :roll:

I agree we shouldn't just chuck money at him, but if he is our main target and an ex fan favourite then Wigan need to be seen to be doing everything possible to get him.
Personally speaking if that's his game their welcome to him.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think a quick announcement will come from one of the clubs anyway. My gut feeling is its done with warrington and Wigan are trying to put a big offer in (knowing he has signed for Wire and cant sign it) just so they can say “we tried our best”