Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Club statement

Post by fozzieskem »

Glad it’s all over now.

I’ve said since I joined here this ridiculous get out of jail free card the club insist on offering departing players is wrong,Wigan is the pjnacle of RL in my eyes once they leave there shouldn’t be any coming back other than in some other teams shirt,and no I don’t care if they occasionally have a blinder because for the most part we as fans have seen the beat of them.

That statement clearly mentions financials so one would assume the club has an idea we as fans aren’t to happy at the proposed standard of player incoming,it’ll be interesting to see how things pan out.

As for Williams and wire well they’ve got a good player one who looked good over in Australia but perhaps not as good here it’ll be interesting to see how he goes
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 am Glad it’s all over now.

I’ve said since I joined here this ridiculous get out of jail free card the club insist on offering departing players is wrong,Wigan is the pjnacle of RL in my eyes once they leave there shouldn’t be any coming back other than in some other teams shirt,and no I don’t care if they occasionally have a blinder because for the most part we as fans have seen the beat of them.

That statement clearly mentions financials so one would assume the club has an idea we as fans aren’t to happy at the proposed standard of player incoming,it’ll be interesting to see how things pan out.

As for Williams and wire well they’ve got a good player one who looked good over in Australia but perhaps not as good here it’ll be interesting to see how he goes
Williams says money isn’t the issue??? Aye alreet I believe yer lad 😂😂😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

BUT WE HAD FIRST REFUSAL :( :o :shock: :cry:
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Whilst in principle I agree that forcing a player who doesn't want to be here isn't productive for anyone, it sets a precedent. Players know that they can sign anything and not be held to it (I mean we knew this anyway from past experience this just reiterates it) even if he doesn't want to go to Wigan, if he's got a signed document saying he's our player then wire should at the very least be paying us a transfer fee for him.

I genuinely wish George all the best, Rugby is a short career and if hes got the opportunity to make a fortune to set him and his family up for life then you can't begrudge him that. If he'd said thsts what he's doing then you could respect him more for it rather than peddling out the cliche "new challenge" line.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm surprised there's a legal part to the first refusal.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:55 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 am

You need to look what is happening at present.
Oh im looking and not happy….. money is a big thing……would you be happy if george was playing like bateman after his return?
Sorry mate I am just frustrated. George is better than any of our half backs, Bateman is class but playing in a poor team. I bet he was one of our better performers when the stats revealed. We all know the problems but only the management can sort it, they need to be ruthless rather than nicey nicey.
Definately pal cant argue with any of that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Williams is no better than Hastings. Should have made him sign and then sold him to for Warrington for a fee, with the money tried to tempt Sezer and Daryl Clarke. Now that would have been good business.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 am Glad it’s all over now.

Williams says money isn’t the issue??? Aye alreet I believe yer lad 😂😂😂😂
Aye he must have been swayed by Warrington bulging silverware cupboard
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:24 am
Mike wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:06 am We'd spend a bunch of money forcing a player to play for us. Would that be a good idea?

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for a team they don't have to. Just ask Canberra.
Then why bother with options which are obviously a complete waste of time?

The answer is IL likes to use the fact we have them to pacify fans when a star player leaves. He certainly likes to publicise them when we have them so I can't think of another reason.
That's pretty obvious right from the start. Options are meaningless unless the player happens to want to come back and we make the best offer. They are just to cushion the blow.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

I thought Dan said he had agreed to sign for us? He was 90% sure of it for the past 3 Fridays

Seems like somebody likes to tell fibs!