Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by widdenoldboy »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:31 pm George Williams said: “Wigan acted professionally and honourably throughout and tried their very hardest to retain me such that finance was not an issue. I thank them for agreeing not to take legal action against me, even though their signed option allowed that course of action, in the spirit of allowing me to commence playing quickly again with a World Cup place for England in prospect.”
https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/06/ ... -williams/
Well, thats all right then.....FFS.

Add that to Edwards and we are all happy....right?

If our Chairman won't put the cash in, won't fight for the club then what....how 'bout I run the club 'cos I have no money and no idea?
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Club statement

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

So what advantage is there is writing something into an agreement if you aren’t going to uphold it

It makes no sense
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest I’m done with wigan - and rugby for now - the clubs being run by idiots and quite frankly it doesn’t deserve any more of my time and money

It’s been a blast but I’m out
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We'd spend a bunch of money forcing a player to play for us. Would that be a good idea?

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for a team they don't have to. Just ask Canberra.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mike wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:06 am We'd spend a bunch of money forcing a player to play for us. Would that be a good idea?

At the end of the day, if a player doesn't want to play for a team they don't have to. Just ask Canberra.
You are missing the point - if a Wigan lad (correction two Wigan lads) won't contribute then why should I?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:06 am We'd spend a bunch of money forcing a player to play for us. Would that be a good idea?

Then why bother with options which are obviously a complete waste of time?

The answer is IL likes to use the fact we have them to pacify fans when a star player leaves. He certainly likes to publicise them when we have them so I can't think of another reason.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Ask Wire to pay a transfer fee.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Forget george…… if we play rugby like we can we will always be up there…… we are the best conveyor of RL talent there is but we are just struggling to nurture it atm
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wes

Club statement

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:To be honest I’m done with wigan - and rugby for now - the clubs being run by idiots and quite frankly it doesn’t deserve any more of my time and money

Would you rather we took George to court and if case won, force him to play with/for us?

Not having a go, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wes wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:To be honest I’m done with wigan - and rugby for now - the clubs being run by idiots and quite frankly it doesn’t deserve any more of my time and money

Would you rather we took George to court and if case won, force him to play with/for us?

Not having a go, just curious.
I'd rather Geroge wanted to play for his home town club like he promised. Maybe George is right - we are not a good option. Where do we go from here?