Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:34 pm
Shaun1967 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 pm
There is just no consistency. They react like that with Charnley yet give Manfredi three years to get fit.
But it depends on the terms Manfredi was offered while he got back to fitness. Without knowing this we can’t comment on the consistency.
He too may have been offered a reduced contract which he decided to accept.
Classic mistake, Shaun, I'm afraid!

Rule 22(b) "Applying common sense to any post or thread slagging off the club, team or coach."

Your punishment is to write out 500 times: "I must learn that all posters know better than the club".

Hand it in by 4pm today.

:lol:
No common sense in evidence I am afraid. Arguing you don't know the terms when you don' t know the terms yourself is a fallacy. It's arguing from ignorance suggesting there is something shaun doesn't know exists, exists. These mythical terms.

We know what we know which is one winger with strong playing record for Wigan is dropped like a brick and another is given three years to get well.

If anything the idea Wigan would agree terms using a crystal ball as to Manfredi's fitness is ridiculous.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Club statement

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am Forget george…… if we play rugby like we can we will always be up there…… we are the best conveyor of RL talent there is but we are just struggling to nurture it atm
You need to look what is happening at present.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am Forget george…… if we play rugby like we can we will always be up there…… we are the best conveyor of RL talent there is but we are just struggling to nurture it atm
Oh im looking and not happy….. money is a big thing……would you be happy if george was playing like bateman after his return?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 am
Oh im looking and not happy….. money is a big thing……would you be happy if george was playing like bateman after his return?
Sorry mate I am just frustrated. George is better than any of our half backs, Bateman is class but playing in a poor team. I bet he was one of our better performers when the stats revealed. We all know the problems but only the management can sort it, they need to be ruthless rather than nicey nicey.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:55 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:42 am

Sorry mate I am just frustrated. George is better than any of our half backs, Bateman is class but playing in a poor team. I bet he was one of our better performers when the stats revealed. We all know the problems but only the management can sort it, they need to be ruthless rather than nicey nicey.
Management are the problem
Charriots Offiah

I want to hear positive statements not negative.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 am I want to hear positive statements not negative.
OK, everything is just peachy.
Charriots Offiah

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:36 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 am I want to hear positive statements not negative.
I meant from the club. I have not heard anything positive for a long time.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:36 am
I meant from the club. I have not heard anything positive for a long time.
Apologies Chariots, a bad day, week, month, I agree.
We really need some positive news of signings for next year if not now.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote:To be honest I’m done with wigan - and rugby for now - the clubs being run by idiots and quite frankly it doesn’t deserve any more of my time and money

It’s been a blast but I’m out
Would you rather we took George to court and if case won, force him to play with/for us?

Not having a go, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What I’d rather is not being taken for a mug by IL and Rads. We all knew that the first refusal thing was bull because like you say it would be pointless trying to make him play for us

So my point is don’t even say it in the first place! Or if you do then back it up and get something don’t just roll over

What im ultimately sick of is the club p*ssing on many shoes and telling me it’s raining - remember the Mitch clarke most destructive forward in the league - that in a nutshell is everything wrong with the club and this is the latest in a long line of those types of event and quite frankly I’ve already got a government who treats me like an idiot I don’t need a sports team too
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure