Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EagleEyePie

Re: Squad for Wakefield

Post by EagleEyePie »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm It's an interesting selection that's for sure. Are O'Neill and McDonnell the only players we could possibly recall from their loan deals?

If it isn't, then the recall of O'Neill is the most interesting for me. Despite his rabid fans defending what he does on here, it is an acknowledgment that Sam P's form has been abysmal and we are looking to liven things up around the ruck by the coach

Why? Because when we did have the opportunity to rotate hookers with a stronger line-up - we didn't. Why now bring a hooker in and onto the bench unless Lam is just making numbers up to give him the 17 to select from. If that is the case, we will lose and lose badly as it suggest Lam has no idea and doesn't want to actually play O'Neill - meaning we, one of the biggest RL names in the game cannot raise a squad FFS!

If this is brought in because (like some on here) he's seen that Powell is offering so little from dummy half and that we seriously need to improve our ruck speed then I'm expecting Powell to start and be rotated with a more direct style which hopefully the forwards will be able to make metres from

Just hope our defense improves drastically as the tactic of moving three steps forward and then stopping Its allowing our opponents to come at us and they then shift the ball wide ripping us open.
They weren't the only options but they were probably the most likely. Clark can't be recalled until the day of the game so wouldn't have been able to train.

Hankinson, for whatever reasons, isn't being considered so we may as well forget that one. Not sure about the structure of the loan deal but it could simply be that London are currently paying his wages and those wages will be more than our younger players. Maybe Rads is trying to save every penny he can.

McDonnell is then the obvious choice since he's a forward and has already been around the first team squad on a few occasions this season. He could be used in the centres at a push to move Isa into the back row.

That then means the only other choice is a hooker - so Lam not only picked the best of the 3 we had out on loan but also the one who could continue getting game time after Thursday, as O'Neill can still play for the under 19's. He can also play at loose forward too which makes him more versatile than Bourouh or Roden.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 pm The loan period has to be a minimum of 14 days

Mitch Clark may yet be recalled from his loan spell at Newcastle. His move was announced on June 10 and a player must spend a minimum of two weeks on loan before he can be recalled - Wigan's game takes place on Thursday the 24th.
I imagine that someone saw this fixture coming and thought Clark wasn't going to play in any circumstance. The alternative is that they didn't realize we'd be short! Surely not?
Are we saying that Clark can or can't be recalled for 24th?
Just to be clear, week beginning 10th ends on 16th. The second week starts 17th and ends 23rd. Clark surely can be recalled and play on 24yh?

Or is it possible that we can't name him in the squad while he's on loan or something? If so, are we allowed to add to the squad on the day of the game? (I'd guess not.)

Yours,

Confused of Morley.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't see why we can't give one of the kids a game at centre instead of Isa; surely it's an ideal opportunity, Wakey will have a weakened side too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:16 am I don't see why we can't give one of the kids a game at centre instead of Isa; surely it's an ideal opportunity, Wakey will have a weakened side too.
Should put Isa in the front row to help the younger props out IMO but ……. That’s just me 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Trinity hit by injury blow ahead of Wigan Warriors clash

WAKEFIELD Trinity captain Jacob Miller is a "massive, massive doubt" for tomorrow night's Super League meeting with Wigan Warriors.

Head coach Chris Chester has just 17 fit players for the contest, with injuries and international call-ups leaving Trinity with a severely depleted squad.

https://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/spor ... sh-3283503
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is this on our league app?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Havent they announced there squad yet?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm Havent they announced there squad yet?
20-man squad: 1 Max Jowitt, 2 Tom Johnstone, 5 Liam Kay, 6 Jacob Miller, 7 Mason Lino, 8 David Fifita, 9 Kyle Wood, 10 Tinirau Arona, 11 Matty Ashurst, 13 Joe Westerman, 14 Jay Pitts, 15 Eddie Battye, 16 James Batchelor, 18 Innes Senior, 19 Jordy Crowther, 20 Joe Arundel, 25 Brad Walker, 26 Yusuf Aydin, 27 Lee Kershaw, 29 Ryan Hampshire.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:41 pm Is this on our league app?
Yes
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:50 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm Havent they announced there squad yet?
20-man squad: 1 Max Jowitt, 2 Tom Johnstone, 5 Liam Kay, 6 Jacob Miller, 7 Mason Lino, 8 David Fifita, 9 Kyle Wood, 10 Tinirau Arona, 11 Matty Ashurst, 13 Joe Westerman, 14 Jay Pitts, 15 Eddie Battye, 16 James Batchelor, 18 Innes Senior, 19 Jordy Crowther, 20 Joe Arundel, 25 Brad Walker, 26 Yusuf Aydin, 27 Lee Kershaw, 29 Ryan Hampshire.
Ta josie
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE