Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Squad for Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:53 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:50 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm Havent they announced there squad yet?
20-man squad: 1 Max Jowitt, 2 Tom Johnstone, 5 Liam Kay, 6 Jacob Miller, 7 Mason Lino, 8 David Fifita, 9 Kyle Wood, 10 Tinirau Arona, 11 Matty Ashurst, 13 Joe Westerman, 14 Jay Pitts, 15 Eddie Battye, 16 James Batchelor, 18 Innes Senior, 19 Jordy Crowther, 20 Joe Arundel, 25 Brad Walker, 26 Yusuf Aydin, 27 Lee Kershaw, 29 Ryan Hampshire.
Ta josie
Chester said this week he could only field 17 fit players for this game! Suddenly there are 20!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:53 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:50 pm

20-man squad: 1 Max Jowitt, 2 Tom Johnstone, 5 Liam Kay, 6 Jacob Miller, 7 Mason Lino, 8 David Fifita, 9 Kyle Wood, 10 Tinirau Arona, 11 Matty Ashurst, 13 Joe Westerman, 14 Jay Pitts, 15 Eddie Battye, 16 James Batchelor, 18 Innes Senior, 19 Jordy Crowther, 20 Joe Arundel, 25 Brad Walker, 26 Yusuf Aydin, 27 Lee Kershaw, 29 Ryan Hampshire.
Ta josie
Chester said this week he could only field 17 fit players for this game! Suddenly there are 20!
It's so sky sports Web page can use the header injury depleted Wakefield Stun/Fall to warriors
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Crocodile tears from Chester

I'd seen his 20 man squad before the headline bleating he only had 17 to pick from. He's also refusing to release Joe Westerman for the International - hence his inclusion in both Wakey's squad and England's 19 man squad

Something will have to "give" as Alex Walmsey's pulled out due to "injury" so England can only select from as many players as we have left :lol:

Would not surprise me to see another Wigan player required for this rubbish fixture
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 pm Crocodile tears from Chester

I'd seen his 20 man squad before the headline bleating he only had 17 to pick from. He's also refusing to release Joe Westerman for the International - hence his inclusion in both Wakey's squad and England's 19 man squad

Something will have to "give" as Alex Walmsey's pulled out due to "injury" so England can only select from as many players as we have left :lol:

Would not surprise me to see another Wigan player required for this rubbish fixture
We don’t have anyone good enough.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If we're being brutally honest, Reece Lyne had one good season for wakey and viewers had to suffer endless hyperbole from SKY who made him out to be the best centre in SL ever then...................

............. a few years later there's no one else and a player no better than Ben Jones Bishop (who wakey released) is now earning a representative call-up

Thornley can't get to Wigan quick enough :lol: :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:45 pm If we're being brutally honest, Reece Lyne had one good season for wakey and viewers had to suffer endless hyperbole from SKY who made him out to be the best centre in SL ever then...................

............. a few years later there's no one else and a player no better than Ben Jones Bishop (who wakey released) is now earning a representative call-up

Thornley can't get to Wigan quick enough :lol: :lol:
Had to edit your original post, it took over the full page 😂
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

How come season ticket holders get to watch away games that they never go to and us plebs can't even pay to watch? That our league thing is weird.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 am How come season ticket holders get to watch away games that they never go to and us plebs can't even pay to watch? That our league thing is weird.
Hey I go to away games.... that are not in places like Wakefield :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 am How come season ticket holders get to watch away games that they never go to and us plebs can't even pay to watch? That our league thing is weird.
I go to away games! I’m even going to Wakey now after I’ve managed to share travel with people I know who are getting a minibus cos there are no coaches going 😊
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I just hope Lam plays then in their correct positions but I am not holding my breath. It wouldn't surprise me to see him put some of the young players on the bench and not even use them.