Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Re: Squad for Wakefield

Post by Graham1 »

I thought Shorrocks had concussion last week, will he be allowed to play?. Also is McDonnell fit not played for2 weeks. And Dom’s no chance. Will be lucky if we have enough subs.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If we can’t find 17 fit players from our Club then serious questions need asking. I am happy for the young guys to get a gig, they can hardly do worse than some of those that are missing.
Charriots Offiah

Graham1 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 pm I thought Shorrocks had concussion last week, will he be allowed to play?. Also is McDonnell fit not played for2 weeks. And Dom’s no chance. Will be lucky if we have enough subs.
If he passes the concession protocols then he can play.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Is Clark seriously not available to be recalled? What has he done to Lam to be snubbed so seriously? He looked fine when he played a few weeks ago.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

Thats what he's done wrong, played fine, made some yards, we can't have forwards doing that
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The loan period has to be a minimum of 14 days

Mitch Clark may yet be recalled from his loan spell at Newcastle. His move was announced on June 10 and a player must spend a minimum of two weeks on loan before he can be recalled - Wigan's game takes place on Thursday the 24th.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 pm The loan period has to be a minimum of 14 days

Mitch Clark may yet be recalled from his loan spell at Newcastle. His move was announced on June 10 and a player must spend a minimum of two weeks on loan before he can be recalled - Wigan's game takes place on Thursday the 24th.
I imagine that someone saw this fixture coming and thought Clark wasn't going to play in any circumstance. The alternative is that they didn't realize we'd be short! Surely not?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 pm The loan period has to be a minimum of 14 days

I imagine that someone saw this fixture coming and thought Clark wasn't going to play in any circumstance. The alternative is that they didn't realize we'd be short! Surely not?
You may be right on both fronts which is extremely worrying, who is running our club?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm The Warriors have only named an 18-man squad to face Wakefield - as opposed to the usual 21-man panel, two days before the game.
Wigan's 18-man squad: Dom Manfredi, Oliver Gildart, Liam Marshall, Tommy Leuluai, Sam Powell, Joe Bullock, Willie Isa, Oliver Partington, Morgan Smithies, Liam Byrne, Harry Smith, Ethan Havard, Jake Bibby, Joe Shorrocks, Kai Pearce-Paul, James McDonnell, Umyla Hanley, Brad O'Neill

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/people/ ... bb-3277029
It's an interesting selection that's for sure. Are O'Neill and McDonnell the only players we could possibly recall from their loan deals?

If it isn't, then the recall of O'Neill is the most interesting for me. Despite his rabid fans defending what he does on here, it is an acknowledgment that Sam P's form has been abysmal and we are looking to liven things up around the ruck by the coach

Why? Because when we did have the opportunity to rotate hookers with a stronger line-up - we didn't. Why now bring a hooker in and onto the bench unless Lam is just making numbers up to give him the 17 to select from. If that is the case, we will lose and lose badly as it suggest Lam has no idea and doesn't want to actually play O'Neill - meaning we, one of the biggest RL names in the game cannot raise a squad FFS!

If this is brought in because (like some on here) he's seen that Powell is offering so little from dummy half and that we seriously need to improve our ruck speed then I'm expecting Powell to start and be rotated with a more direct style which hopefully the forwards will be able to make metres from

Just hope our defense improves drastically as the tactic of moving three steps forward and then stopping Its allowing our opponents to come at us and they then shift the ball wide ripping us open.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:12 pm The Warriors have only named an 18-man squad to face Wakefield - as opposed to the usual 21-man panel, two days before the game.
Wigan's 18-man squad: Dom Manfredi, Oliver Gildart, Liam Marshall, Tommy Leuluai, Sam Powell, Joe Bullock, Willie Isa, Oliver Partington, Morgan Smithies, Liam Byrne, Harry Smith, Ethan Havard, Jake Bibby, Joe Shorrocks, Kai Pearce-Paul, James McDonnell, Umyla Hanley, Brad O'Neill

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/people/ ... bb-3277029
It's an interesting selection that's for sure. Are O'Neill and McDonnell the only players we could possibly recall from their loan deals?

If it isn't, then the recall of O'Neill is the most interesting for me. Despite his rabid fans defending what he does on here, it is an acknowledgment that Sam P's form has been abysmal and we are looking to liven things up around the ruck by the coach

Why? Because when we did have the opportunity to rotate hookers with a stronger line-up - we didn't. Why now bring a hooker in and onto the bench unless Lam is just making numbers up to give him the 17 to select from. If that is the case, we will lose and lose badly as it suggest Lam has no idea and doesn't want to actually play O'Neill - meaning we, one of the biggest RL names in the game cannot raise a squad FFS!

If this is brought in because (like some on here) he's seen that Powell is offering so little from dummy half and that we seriously need to improve our ruck speed then I'm expecting Powell to start and be rotated with a more direct style which hopefully the forwards will be able to make metres from

Just hope our defense improves drastically as the tactic of moving three steps forward and then stopping Its allowing our opponents to come at us and they then shift the ball wide ripping us open.
I’d argue there’s no one else to recall,the cupboard is bare it seems.