Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by ddtftf »

Looking at the team players we have i recon 5th or 6 th in the league unless we buy some big tough props
Barney841

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by Barney841 »

bertina wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:01 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm I'd really hope the club going through a rough patch would not put people off their long term support.

We have had 10 years of relative success there was always going to be a a rough patch coming.
We lost the GF last season on the bounce of a ball.
We are third in the league after 9 games this season, despite a stack of injuries.
Not exactly a ‘crisis’ situation yet is it. ?
I’m as disappointed as most with some of the rubbish we’ve served up in the last few weeks, but for gods sake, let’s have some perspective. There are 9 out of 12 SL teams below us at the moment. Let’s at least see how things pan out before we all start throwing the towel in.
We maybe third but I haven’t been convinced by any of the performances, you could see a hiding coming a mile off and it happened against Catalans.
Third is either a false position or shows the level of super league this year
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Let’s see what happens against Wakey. I know who I think will win…. And it’s not Wigan!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
bertina

Post by bertina »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:39 pm Let’s see what happens against Wakey. I know who I think will win…. And it’s not Wigan!
As you say, let’s wait and see.
The bookies have it level. They are not usually far off.
bertina

Post by bertina »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:12 pm Looking at the team players we have i recon 5th or 6 th in the league unless we buy some big tough props
If you see umpteen of my posts on the other thread, and sick of repeating that we need 2 big props and a nine. All I’m saying Derrick is that it’s not YET the crisis that some on here are making out to be.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I never stopped supporting Wigan, even when I lived in Aberdeen, I still drove down to Central Park on a Saturday or Sunday for home games.

It’s cycles. Every big club goes through it. Us, Saints then Leeds. Us again 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:40 pm I never stopped supporting Wigan, even when I lived in Aberdeen, I still drove down to Central Park on a Saturday or Sunday for home games.

As long as we don't do a Bradford.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:40 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:40 pm I never stopped supporting Wigan, even when I lived in Aberdeen, I still drove down to Central Park on a Saturday or Sunday for home games.

As long as we don't do a Bradford.
Exactly 😊🤞🏼🤞🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wontoofree

Post by wontoofree »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 am I hope then, and I say this quite unironically, that anyone who feels they really cannot support the Club any more, and have no further interest in it, will not hang around here like a bad smell telling the rest of us how awful they are.

That's fair, isn't it?
no problem i wont post again
Your username is a bit unfortunate n'est pas ?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I agree

Maybe he should have used "easilytakenforamug" or "yourabetterfanthanme"

I got ripped off by the club last season, agreed the "crisis" was out of their hands but how it dealt with fans since stunk lower than whale shit. Hence over 30 years of season tickets I've ended my religious purchasing and supporting of this badly run bunch of charlatans masquerading as a "team"

So how about some perspective - yeah???!!!!

And I still retain my right to comment as well before your next "quip"
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: