Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm not to fussed about Thornley
I know stats are not everything but they show he is nowhere near as poor as people are making out.

As long as we strengthen another area he's not a bad option at centre and he's only turns 30 at the back end of next year so not as much as a old has been as some are making out.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Shaun Wane set for Wigan Warriors return... but will Adrian Lam still have a role?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I said the other day im pretty much done with the club and this if it happens makes my mind up just a complete jobs for the boys club
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I hope then, and I say this quite unironically, that anyone who feels they really cannot support the Club any more, and have no further interest in it, will not hang around here like a bad smell telling the rest of us how awful they are.

That's fair, isn't it?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 am I hope then, and I say this quite unironically, that anyone who feels they really cannot support the Club any more, and have no further interest in it, will not hang around here like a bad smell telling the rest of us how awful they are.

That's fair, isn't it?
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Half the posts on here recently are from people who're having nothing more to do with the club! :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 am I hope then, and I say this quite unironically, that anyone who feels they really cannot support the Club any more, and have no further interest in it, will not hang around here like a bad smell telling the rest of us how awful they are.

That's fair, isn't it?
no problem i wont post again
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:37 pm

That's fair, isn't it?
no problem i wont post again
Don’t be soft! 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'd really hope the club going through a rough patch would not put people off their long term support.

We have had 10 years of relative success there was always going to be a a rough patch coming.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I would never stop supporting Wigan. I will admit I did lose interest in them for a few years mid noughties, because of the drivel we were producing.
It is hard not to lose interest with what we are rumoured to be recruiting, compared the what we are losing.
The coach and coaching staff do need to be looked at, as it’s been said it’s looks like a job for the boys.
I don’t mind having ex players in the coaching set up but not straight from the first team into it. They should be let loose and apply their coaching trade elsewhere and if they prove their worth, I have no problem with them coming in
bertina

Post by bertina »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:46 pm I'd really hope the club going through a rough patch would not put people off their long term support.

We have had 10 years of relative success there was always going to be a a rough patch coming.
We lost the GF last season on the bounce of a ball.
We are third in the league after 9 games this season, despite a stack of injuries.
Not exactly a ‘crisis’ situation yet is it. ?
I’m as disappointed as most with some of the rubbish we’ve served up in the last few weeks, but for gods sake, let’s have some perspective. There are 9 out of 12 SL teams below us at the moment. Let’s at least see how things pan out before we all start throwing the towel in.