If Lam leaves

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: If Lam leaves

Post by Barney841 »

If Lam stays, there’s no chance of turning this season round.
People on here are finding excuses for Lam all the time and I don’t know why as everything has been plain to see. Since he’s came in there doesn’t look like there’s any kind of plan and there’s been no improvement with our attack(like he said there would be), if anything our defence has got worse and lacks that intensity if use to have.
So the issues were all there before injuries, bans etc.
Same people just need to wake up and realise Lam isn’t up to the job and needs to relieved of his duties ASAP!!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Direct quote from Lam....

“With my current situation at Wigan, I’ve got an agreement with Ian Lenagan that I’m on a year-to-year contract and I’m really happy about that scenario,” Lam said.

“It’s what I talked about with him privately when we started and with Kris Radlinski and I think that’s what gets the best out of coaches and the best out of me.

If we are seeing the best of Adrian Lam then I hope this season is the last we see of him.

I'm even more worried if he thinks he is doing a good job.

Like last night when he said we have had more good times than bad..... the mans a fool.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Unbelievable. What are our tactics?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I wish the club would release Lam now at let Peet take over( if rumours are true) or bring someone in.
Whoever takes over might not save our season but could at least put their stamp on the team and create their style ready for next season
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:14 pm Unbelievable. What are our tactics?
Dear me..pay attention my good chap..

The tactics are throw it to Hastings or French..welcome to “attacking rugby Wigan style” 2021…

There is a flaw in that plan of course if one of them get injured..
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:14 pm Unbelievable. What are our tactics?

The tactics are throw it to Hastings or French..welcome to “attacking rugby Wigan style” 2021…

Sorry, I have probably been asleep and missed it. :D
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 pm

:lol: I know and that’s the problem.
Everyone knows how we play, even the fans!!
And all Lam can do is talk shite and blame officials
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I still think John Monie's one liner was the best "Only complain about the referee when you've won"
Cracker was that!
johnmyler

Post by johnmyler »

How can anyone say make powell captain. warrington won because of clarke. All powell does in attack is pass the ball, not fast enough. When he went off late in game the young sub ran the ball twice in the last few mins. powell probably runs twice a season. rate him one of the least effective hookers in super league.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Just read through the whole thread. We have criticism of Lam, of Leneghan, and of a number of players.

Where does Radlinski fit in? What is his part in the successes/failures of his time here? The signings, the players who left, the ones who stayed - Sam T, Micky Mac, Tommy playing on, the coaching/fitness staff, the Edwards saga, and so on and so on.

I don't know the answers, but two things strike me about Radders:

1. For someone who has been in such an influential position for so long, he rarely gets a mention on here.

2. Surely, given IL's lack of rugby experience or knowledge, he relies on Radlinski for the rugby-related decisions.

I'm genuinely baffled...can anyone help?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐