Fan Appreciation Shirt Exchange

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Fan Appreciation Shirt Exchange

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

PAB721 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:06 pm Thank you, SouthportCDM, that is very kind of you.

I'm trying to remember now, but I think it was via an email sent by the club which contained a link.

I've just started to scan through the poster to see if I can find my name (I'll probably make an appointment for the Optician for when I've finished...), but thank you for your very kind offer, which is much appreciated.
Feel gutted for you. It was a link via email. Got my shirts but my granddaughter gutted because of length of time in shirt arriving it's to small for her but at least she got one. Don't give up yet something may change as don't think you are only one
moto748

Post by moto748 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:10 pm I went to collect mine this morning, thankfully it all went to plan. I would have been furious if I wasn't recorded on the list etc.

Hopefully this helps some people,

A couple infront of me went to collect their shirts. They hadn't received an email or completed anything. They had donated last season and where told by the club to bring their season tickets and driving licence to Robin Park. A member of staff then recorded their details etc.

They didn't take any shirts away with then, but this suggest that you can chase it up/question this if you have received an email or dropped off the system etc and the club with resolve it (hopefully).

Thanks, that's very helpful. I reckon I am in the same boat as the couple in front of you, and a few others, by the sound of it. I don't recall ever giving a shirt size, but on the other hand I did receive this latest email from the Club about the shirts the other day, so clearly in some sense I'm 'on their list'. I will head down there tomorrow armed with client code and driving licence, and see how I get on!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

moto748 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:50 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:10 pm I went to collect mine this morning, thankfully it all went to plan. I would have been furious if I wasn't recorded on the list etc.

Hopefully this helps some people,

A couple infront of me went to collect their shirts. They hadn't received an email or completed anything. They had donated last season and where told by the club to bring their season tickets and driving licence to Robin Park. A member of staff then recorded their details etc.

They didn't take any shirts away with then, but this suggest that you can chase it up/question this if you have received an email or dropped off the system etc and the club with resolve it (hopefully).

Thanks, that's very helpful. I reckon I am in the same boat as the couple in front of you, and a few others, by the sound of it. I don't recall ever giving a shirt size, but on the other hand I did receive this latest email from the Club about the shirts the other day, so clearly in some sense I'm 'on their list'. I will head down there tomorrow armed with client code and driving licence, and see how I get on!
Just to clarify, during the conversation I seen/heard regarding the couple in front. The chap did say he had spoke to someone on the phone first and I'm presuming he was told to bring his 2020 season ticket and driving licence.

I don't think its common knowledge currently or the procedure is you can just rock up with both and be sorted out. As I said, I didn't actually see them take shirts away, but details where being recorded by a staff member.

To mirror the couple in front of me, might be worth you giving the club a bell tomorrow morning first to see what they say. Wouldn't like you to have a wasted journey.

The chap infront specifically said he was told to come into Robin Park as a result of the call he had. I also noticed the staff checked the list and if you haven't completed the email sent, it appears highly unlikely you'll be on the list.

Hope this helps.
FortressCentralPark

Post by FortressCentralPark »

Hope everyone gets sorted
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, thanks, CheshireWarrior, I will.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well I rang the Club this afternoon. Just got an ansaphone message, so waiting to hear back from them?

The tension mounts... :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And it's all good! :D

Yes, they have a shirt for me, and yes, I had asked for a medium (I really don't remember). I can pick it up from Robins Park whenever.

Better still, they have even resolved an issue about my name; most people know me by a nickname, virtually no-one in Wigan knows my real name. Obviously I would prefer it if my nickname was used, but the Club has my real name on its books because debit cards, etc.

But I have been assured that's all been sorted.

Happy bunny! :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Great to hear its all sorted.

The shirt quality is surprisingly nice for a freebie (or the most expensive top I will ever own if you look at it the other way :))
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:13 pm Great to hear its all sorted.

The shirt quality is surprisingly nice for a freebie (or the most expensive top I will ever own if you look at it the other way :))
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your right never thought of it that way. An expensive freebie. Good cause though

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

So, after my posts the other day about my lack of shirt, I thought I'd post an update.....

Then I realised I had nothing to update!

Surprise, surprise, still no contact from the club...two days and counting. Sigh......