Hastings banned

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Hastings banned

Post by the pieman »

seems like some of my Saints friends arent too happy with bans dished out eithe

2 games for nothing apparently - not even penalised during the game or put on report
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wakey CEO also come out and blasted the RFL and faceless decision makers who are banning players for nothing, whilst also slamming the appeals process as a complete waste of time
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the pieman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:33 am Wakey CEO also come out and blasted the RFL and faceless decision makers who are banning players for nothing, whilst also slamming the appeals process as a complete waste of time
Here is a link for those interested

https://www.totalrl.com/angry-wakefield ... decisions/

I have not seen the incidents he refers to but I'll take him at his word and it sounds like a complete joke.
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:05 am
the pieman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:33 am Wakey CEO also come out and blasted the RFL and faceless decision makers who are banning players for nothing, whilst also slamming the appeals process as a complete waste of time
Here is a link for those interested

https://www.totalrl.com/angry-wakefield ... decisions/

I have not seen the incidents he refers to but I'll take him at his word and it sounds like a complete joke.
I would also take him at his word (despite not seeing the incidents) as to be fair to him he actually sticks up for one of the saints players and says its ridiculous.
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Carter has a point the current panel is at times bizarre at the bans they hand out none of it make much sense,Jesus wept the clubs barely have enough players to be named in the first team squad but they get a write up for something that most if not all have missed.

It’s time for a rethink and by rethink I mean get rid of the current system and those who sit on it and get something better because the current system is broken
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Carter has a point the current panel is at times bizarre at the bans they hand out none of it make much sense,Jesus wept the clubs barely have enough players to be named in the first team squad but they get a write up for something that most if not all have missed.

It’s time for a rethink and by rethink I mean get rid of the current system and those who sit on it and get something better because the current system is broken
Agreed, it needs to be replaced and the people replaced as well. It’s no use saying calm down and stop the silly bans, there is obviously a culture of going looking for things to ban and they aren’t seemingly happy until a few have been dished out. You won’t change that by telling them to be more lenient.

They should only be looking at sin bins, sendings off, any formal citing’s by clubs and incidents put on report. If the ref wanted to put Hastings on report for what he got banned for, fair enough but I bet that would never have happened anyway because the ref knows as well as anyone else there was play acting going on there.