Wakefield tickets for ST holders

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wakefield tickets for ST holders

Post by DaveO »

WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:01 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am Well now I get a booking choice but it doesn't recognise my client code!
I still cant get on the site, the map of the stadium is not showing up at all
Only "works" using Google Chrome. Firefox and Microsoft Edge still show a blank screen
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am Well now I get a booking choice but it doesn't recognise my client code!
I’ve had that then it goes off again 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:15 am

And why do they have to outsource ticketing to an outside online ticketing company? Why can’t they use their own?
Because it's cheaper than employing an IT department to do it for you. Lots of rules ands regs about holding data as well which you can effectively outsource compliance with by doing this.

That said given this farce the club should look for another supplier, starting today. It's a basic ecommerce site not NASA launching a rocket.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://futureticketing.ie/

This is the outsourced ticketing company! The future is sh**e 😡
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:20 am

And why do they have to outsource ticketing to an outside online ticketing company? Why can’t they use their own?
Because it's cheaper than employing an IT department to do it for you. Lots of rules ands regs about holding data as well which you can effectively outsource compliance with by doing this.

That said given this farce the club should look for another supplier, starting today. It's a basic ecommerce site not NASA launching a rocket.
Thanks for the reply Dave. It’s still crap!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

What a shambles as usual
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 am

I know. I work in IT and you nor anyone else wouldn't be able to make a payment via the internet from your bank at all if the software I work in went belly up like this so when this sort of thing happens I am not very sympathetic toward the software company. Time to bin off Future Ticketing & find a reliable supplier.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:16 am
Only "works" using Google Chrome. Firefox and Microsoft Edge still show a blank screen
Tried using Chrome and IE, getting the same results for both, looks like I will be sitting on the corner behind the screen, if I ever get on that is
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

WarriorWinger wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:39 am
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:16 am

Tried using Chrome and IE, getting the same results for both, looks like I will be sitting on the corner behind the screen, if I ever get on that is
They should stop the "sale" of tickets today and start from scratch again tomorrow when they have the site back up. That would be the fair way to do it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:32 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 am

I know. I work in IT and you nor anyone else wouldn't be able to make a payment via the internet from your bank at all if the software I work in went belly up like this so when this sort of thing happens I am not very sympathetic toward the software company. Time to bin off Future Ticketing & find a reliable supplier.
Definitely 😊