Team announced Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Team announced Huddersfield

Post by Caboosegg »

https://youtu.be/JQ1TE3cAvUE

I know it was depleted wigan vs a depleted Huddersfield and these are just highlights but the attacking plays shown are alot better than vs Huddersfield at home.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Think Mc Queen might be up in disciplinary when Price scored Hanley was on the floor and McQueen went in and pushed him .
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hanley was very good at full back which has left me a bit confused.
Could he have been that good had he made his first team debut at full back? Or, does his excellent game vindicate Lam playing him on the wing and getting used there to first team rugby?
Either we he will be full back v Wakey so let's hope he can continue the form from Hudds and build on it.

Interesting to see when Zac returns, will Lam play him full back or right centre leaving Hanley at fb. Will Isa stay at 3 or back in the 2nd row with KPP playing off the bench?

With players returning in the next few weeks it will be something we'll all be watching is how he handles all the younger players who now have first team rugby experience.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Interesting to see when Zac returns, will Lam play him full back or right centre leaving Hanley at fb.
Right centre with Hastings at full back and Hanley back on the wing.

Remember Lam has said he must have his best players playing and for him that means TL, Smith and Hastings in the starting 13.

For Hanley to remain at full back with Hardaker returning Smith (or TL) will have to drop out and someone else play on the wing and given Lam’s comments and selections I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if he didn’t do as I suggest.
Coliflower

Post by Coliflower »

Hanley is growing in confidence. I thought he didn’t have it following a few drops and unconvincing carries. But his first game at wing against Huddersfield saw him improve during the game. I remember Marshall getting bombed and struggling early in his career, but he he is one of my favourites now, so I am prepared to watch his improvement.
K.p.p. Will be an absolute star.