Team announced Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Pbickerstaff

Re: Team announced Huddersfield

Post by Pbickerstaff »

You havin a laugh
The team was mostly academy
Well done lads fantastic win
Best I have seen for a few weeks
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I gave up with it tbh those other jobs that I always find time to ignore I felt compelled to do tonight and lo and behold I’ve discovered celebrity google box a show I’ve never watched before…

Glad for the win though
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Pbickerstaff wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 pm You havin a laugh
The kids did fine. Halsall did nothing wrong that I recall, and made some difficult catches. But I don't think either of our wingers got a pass in space in the whole game. Everyone's been saying, be great to get our strike weapon Liam Marshall back, but he saw little of the ball too.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 pm
Pbickerstaff wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 pm You havin a laugh
The kids did fine. Halsall did nothing wrong that I recall, and made some difficult catches. But I don't think either of our wingers got a pass in space in the whole game. Everyone's been saying, be great to get our strike weapon Liam Marshall back, but he saw little of the ball too.
Down to the coach, halves and forwards to make the space for fullback, centre and wingers
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Did Hanley finally play fullback, If so was he any good?
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Both Hanley and Halsall coped well under the high ball. Hopefully, Hastings will go back into the halves next week which should help. But nobody seems to create any space or overlaps like other teams do. This has gone on since the start of the season it makes you wonder what are we practicing in training. I know we have had a lot of injuries and suspensions but seriously Lam needs to be replaced for next season.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 pm
Down to the coach, halves and forwards to make the space for fullback, centre and wingers
Obviously, but as far as the forwards were concerned, you can't say that Wigan were dominated by the opposing pack tonight and never got a sniff; we had a fair amount of ball in attacking positions. At the most basic level, we seem to lack support for the ball carrier how can you take advantage of an offload or slipped pass if you're not on the shoulder?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:31 pm Did Hanley finally play fullback, If so was he any good?
Hanley did well, coped with all the kicks and even a few whacks when returning the ball.

Thought Borough had a good game when came on, also when Shorrocks came back on he was running the passing game.

Plus the bar was open selling 2 pint pots making the viewing much more enjoyable :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

8 of the 17 who were on the pitch for Wigan tonight are aged 21 or under.

7 of them came through our Academy.
https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 72005?s=21
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

An ugly win but I will take it over a good loss any day of the week. The Club need to make sure they retain these young lads as they will grow together.