Team announced Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Team announced Huddersfield

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan win and the birth of my first child in the same day. Absolutely perfect. How did we play? I missed it all
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:52 am Wigan win and the birth of my first child in the same day. Absolutely perfect. How did we play? I missed it all
Congrats…… it was a good effort but not much in the way of attack tbh….. like most have said ,we definitely need hastings in the halfs and possibly zak and field to bolster our backs before we can click…… french was massive to us in attack
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:52 am Wigan win and the birth of my first child in the same day. Absolutely perfect. How did we play? I missed it all
Congratulations Dan. Hope all is well for you all.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:49 am
Congrats…… it was a good effort but not much in the way of attack tbh….. like most have said ,we definitely need hastings in the halfs and possibly zak and field to bolster our backs before we can click…… french was massive to us in attack
Without French Wigan seem to have nothing in attack a one trick pony it seems
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Congratulations Dan. Played better than expected with team picked some good signs from players brought back in partington is starting to look like a liability goes looking for trouble that's not there. Seriously lacking direction and firepower but at this stage a win is a win.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hey many congratulations to Dan, his missus & Baby Girl Dan2266 😉 🎉🍾🥳

Really happy for you all, hope everything went well & it all went according to plan 😊 xx
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:52 am Congratulations Dan. Played better than expected with team picked some good signs from players brought back in partington is starting to look like a liability goes looking for trouble that's not there. Seriously lacking direction and firepower but at this stage a win is a win.
Looked to us as if the giants player took a swipe & Ollie or I thought it was Amir & he stuck up for his small team mate, Ollie won’t take step back but doesn’t go looking for trouble now!

Did you never see Ollie play for the academies? He’s nothing like he was, he probably got sent off every couple of games back then. His discipline has improved 100%
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:13 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 pm
Down to the coach, halves and forwards to make the space for fullback, centre and wingers
Obviously, but as far as the forwards were concerned, you can't say that Wigan were dominated by the opposing pack tonight and never got a sniff; we had a fair amount of ball in attacking positions. At the most basic level, we seem to lack support for the ball carrier how can you take advantage of an offload or slipped pass if you're not on the shoulder?
I was referring more to the forwards being dummy / decoy runners. It’s too much catch and pass from 9 to 7 to 6. That’s why we never create space because the defence just numbers up and doesn’t need to slide.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Graham1 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:00 pm Both Hanley and Halsall coped well under the high ball. Hopefully, Hastings will go back into the halves next week which should help. But nobody seems to create any space or overlaps like other teams do. This has gone on since the start of the season it makes you wonder what are we practicing in training. I know we have had a lot of injuries and suspensions but seriously Lam needs to be replaced for next season.
Good to hear, He's looked crap the few times I've seen him but last weeks game he showed how good he could be, Hope he continues to get more game time at 1 and improves even more
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:00 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:52 am Congratulations Dan. Played better than expected with team picked some good signs from players brought back in partington is starting to look like a liability goes looking for trouble that's not there. Seriously lacking direction and firepower but at this stage a win is a win.
Looked to us as if the giants player took a swipe & Ollie or I thought it was Amir & he stuck up for his small team mate, Ollie won’t take step back but doesn’t go looking for trouble now!

Did you never see Ollie play for the academies? He’s nothing like he was, he probably got sent off every couple of games back then. His discipline has improved 100%
Yes josie I have . I watch more academy and amateur rl than sl . And don't have tinted colour glasses on in assessing players. Imo and I am entitled to that he gets involved in minor things and turns them into a penalty there is a big difference between standing up for you team mate and blowing things out of proportion for ego. Also he is not only one from academy the young props are getting headlines for wrong reasons there egos