The 'tricky part' of Jai Field's Wigan Warriors return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: The 'tricky part' of Jai Field's Wigan Warriors return

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:05 pm My recollection is that French played a fair bit of full-back at Parra. If the Eels preferred Gutherson to him, considering Gutho is what, the fourth or fifth best full-back on the planet, I don't see that reflects that badly on French. And Field was no more able to break into the first team side regularly at the Dragons than he was at Parramatta. But, as I said before, I'm looking forward to seeing Field play.
had Norman and Hunt ahead of him at the Dragons, we saw how Hunt is in Origin 3
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Tbf, Hunt is a bit rocks and diamonds, and has been criticised plenty by fans this season earlier. And Norman only puts in one good game in five, I still worry, though, that I see Field and Smith, and I'm not sure I see a controlling half. But we shall see.
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 am Tbf, Hunt is a bit rocks and diamonds, and has been criticised plenty by fans this season earlier. And Norman only puts in one good game in five, I still worry, though, that I see Field and Smith, and I'm not sure I see a controlling half. But we shall see.
I agree, same as when they signed french as a 6, both for me are ball playing FB's
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:47 am
moto748 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:30 am Tbf, Hunt is a bit rocks and diamonds, and has been criticised plenty by fans this season earlier. And Norman only puts in one good game in five, I still worry, though, that I see Field and Smith, and I'm not sure I see a controlling half. But we shall see.
I agree, same as when they signed french as a 6, both for me are ball playing FB's
I think you’re giving to much credit I’m not sure where they wanted to play French when he first came over it’s the same with Field