The 'tricky part' of Jai Field's Wigan Warriors return

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FortressCentralPark

Re: The 'tricky part' of Jai Field's Wigan Warriors return

Post by FortressCentralPark »

I think it was more of a praise to Field than a dig at French. Guess it depends how full you think your glass is.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FortressCentralPark wrote:I think it was more of a praise to Field than a dig at French. Guess it depends how full you think your glass is.
Glass half full? When was the last time you heard a coach publicly say one of his players is better than another? It’s an absolutely stupid comment. You don’t praise a player by saying he’s better than one of your own.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Doesn't surprise me there's nothing but stupidity comes out of lams mouth. Probably how he got job in first place. Sometimes wonder with his assessments of games and comments which planet he's on. His grasp on time is amazing everyone a couple of weeks away. Every week for next 2 months.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

FortressCentralPark wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:22 pm I think it was more of a praise to Field than a dig at French. Guess it depends how full you think your glass is.
I have a glass colinder :) :lol:
FortressCentralPark

DaveO wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:27 pm
FortressCentralPark wrote:I think it was more of a praise to Field than a dig at French. Guess it depends how full you think your glass is.
Glass half full? When was the last time you heard a coach publicly say one of his players is better than another? It’s an absolutely stupid comment. You don’t praise a player by saying he’s better than one of your own.
Sinfield states that Sezer is better than Lui. Happens a lot.
https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2021/07/19/ ... -for-2022/
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

FortressCentralPark wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:16 pm
Can't see where Sinfield says Sezer is better than Lui.

Don't think i've ever heard a coach say one player is better than another in the squad. I half know what he meant, but it was a stupid comment.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

FortressCentralPark wrote:
Err, no he doesn’t. He says because Lui is leaving Leeds need to strengthen the half backs which is stating the obvious. He doesn’t say Sezer is a more skilful player (as Lam said of Field v French) nor does he even imply it.
FortressCentralPark

OK lol
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

No defence whatsoever for Lam stating one player is better than another , it can only cause resentment in the squad . Lui is leaving Leeds , French isn’t leaving Wigan yet . ( I hope )
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Very poor (if hardly surprising) from Lam.

For reference, Field had 17 games in the NRL, and four tries.. French had 47 (and 35 tries, not a bad haul).