Squad v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Squad v Wakefield

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 pm Sounded like hastings did all the creating
No Farrel was good,
KKP at this rate should be in before Bateman on form.
Bibby was good all night.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 pm That Bibby Is as naff as the vocal minority say.
Best game for Wigan tonight.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 pm I really hope we see more fans soon, 5k fans on a Friday was shameful.
Start of holidays and covid awareness not every one has freedom day some are still frightened
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:00 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 pm That Bibby Is as naff as the vocal minority say.
Best game for Wigan tonight.
My comment was joking and while I disagree as he had some crackers last season it was in his top 10
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 pm I really hope we see more fans soon, 5k fans on a Friday was shameful.
Start of holidays and covid awareness not every one has freedom day some are still frightened
I understand, but Leeds managed 10k.
Believe me when I say I'm very much Anti freedom day, I sat in my mask and had a go at people using the toilet exit as an entrance. (And I'm in my 30s so apparently covid safe)

The club could have spaced the seating better but I would have still expected more enough people don't care when it comes to the pubs
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I went tonight for the first time in what seems like forever!

One thing I learnt: it's so long since I went to a game, that I need new glasses! Even driving doesn't really reveal it, but I found I couldn't recognise the players on the far side of the pitch. I'm heading into Specsavers tomorrow morning! :lol: Srsly, I shan't go to another game until I have new glasses. But that's fixable.

So, the match; well, as far as I could make out :D , some improvement in attack, but still looked quite clunky at times. Bibby took his chances well, but on the other flank, Gildart looks light-years below his best. Pleased to see Shorrocks get a try, he has worked so hard this season. Goal-kicking still an issue.

5000 is awful, but I fear it could become the new normal.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:04 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 pm
I understand, but Leeds managed 10k.
Believe me when I say I'm very much Anti freedom day, I sat in my mask and had a go at people using the toilet exit as an entrance. (And I'm in my 30s so apparently covid safe)

The club could have spaced the seating better but I would have still expected more enough people don't care when it comes to the pubs
Leeds. the city holds a population of over 800,000
The population of Wigan is around 335,000 people (Also includes Leigh)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:43 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 pm Sounded like hastings did all the creating
No Farrel was good,
KKP at this rate should be in before Bateman on form.
Bibby was good all night.
Good stuff i was gutted i missed tonite( on 2-10 shift)….. grandaughter has been mithering me go again for ages
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm I went tonight for the first time in what seems like forever!

One thing I learnt: it's so long since I went to a game, that I need new glasses! Even driving doesn't really reveal it, but I found I couldn't recognise the players on the far side of the pitch. I'm heading into Specsavers tomorrow morning! :lol: Srsly, I shan't go to another game until I have new glasses. But that's fixable.

So, the match; well, as far as I could make out :D , some improvement in attack, but still looked quite clunky at times. Bibby took his chances well, but on the other flank, Gildart looks light-years below his best. Pleased to see Shorrocks get a try, he has worked so hard this season. Goal-kicking still an issue.

5000 is awful, but I fear it could become the new normal.
haha i wore mine last game i went(first time ever) which was when covid first started
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Only my second live game this season :D.

Overall, I think it was the shot of confidence both fans and players need......especially for Wire.

Excellent play by Jacko tonight, looked like Sam T tonight playing from 1.

Mitch Clark is definitely worthy of a place in the 17 and I'd like to see O'Neil start at 9 going forwards.

Usual good performances from Faz, Isa and KPP!

With all respect to Wakey, we need to raise everything though 10 - 20% as Wire are clearly not Wakey.

Anyone see the angry Wigan fans in the Boston Stand not long after Shorrocks scored :lol: .