Squad v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Squad v Wakefield

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:38 pm I think we’ll appreciate Shorrocks a lot more as and when he’s doing 80 minutes at loose forward. He’s growing in confidence and even playing 40-50 minutes, he’s racking up big numbers in terms of tackling. He’s making more ground with the ball now and he’s skilful and can link the play. I think he’ll develop in to a really good player in time.
I concur, I have been saying the same thing all season.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The lads doing great….. i see him as a 13 all day long
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:27 pm The lads doing great….. i see him as a 13 all day long
A continuation from his under 19 days.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well this is all well and good, guys. But I thought we had a certain J. Bateman pencilled in as our long-term 13? Bateman back to 12, then? I'd be happy with that. Then there's KPP to fit in.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Great problems to have. We’ve got three top senior backrowers in Isa, Faz and Bateman and the two young lads in Shorrocks and KPP are going really well. We’ve then got Smithies to come back in and I know some people think he’s overrated but I think he’ll be a fantastic player in time and he just has an authority about him you don’t see in many 19/20 year olds. That’s 6 players to fit in 4 spots (if you carry one bench back rower) and if they’re all fit, there’s going to be a couple of unlucky lads missing out.

Unfortunately something will give over the next couple of years and we’ll lose one or two and continue to prop up half of superleague.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Shorrocks to me at least is the one who’s improving because he’s being allowed to get on with things almost under the radar,he has a bad game so what he shrugs it off and learns from it,for my money he’s the one who could if handled carefully become a very good player indeed
Last edited by fozzieskem on Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ive said it before and ill ssy it again KPP would be a great centre or second row….. the lads got the lot
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:45 pm ive said it before and ill ssy it again KPP would be a great centre or second row….. the lads got the lot
Give it a couple of years and I bet the NRL starts calling him out.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:05 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:45 pm ive said it before and ill ssy it again KPP would be a great centre or second row….. the lads got the lot
Give it a couple of years and I bet the NRL starts calling him out.
Definately…… melbourne already have apparently , but he turned them down
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Shorrocks to me at least is the one who’s improving because he’s being allowed to get on with things almost under the radar,he has a bad game so what he shrugs it off and learns from it,for my money he’s the one who could if handled carefully become a very good player indeed
I thought Shorrocks had a good game last night. Did not look out of place at all.