Fan event this Saturday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Fan event this Saturday

Post by josie andrews »

Details for exclusive fan day event confirmed.

Event to take place on Saturday 24th July, 10am-12pm.

Chance for fans to have their Fan Appreciation Shirts signed by first team players.

Wigan Warriors are pleased to confirm details for the exclusive fan day event taking place at Robin Park Arena this Saturday, 24th July, between 10am and 12pm.

The day is an opportunity for supporters who kindly donated their 2020 season ticket credit back to the Club and are entitled to a Fan Appreciation Shirt to collect theirs if they haven’t already done so.

Fans who have already collected their shirts are also invited to attend and to bring their jerseys with them, with the chance to meet and greet Warriors first team players and have the shirts signed.

Despite the recent lifting of Covid-19 restrictions, please note that protocols are still in place for when fans are meeting and greeting players. If fans would like take selfies or pictures with the players, they must be socially distanced.

We advise fans who are planning to attend to arrive via the Robin Park Arena reception entrance to sign-in. Fans will then be guided on where to go and what to do by club staff.

Every fan who donated their season ticket credit back to the Club last year each have their name printed on the Fan Appreciation Shirt, as well as the Fan Wall inside the Robin Park Arena running track. As an additional thank you from the Club, a voucher for £5 off any in-store purchase over £40, which will be valid until Saturday 31st July.

At the fan day, supporters will be asked to sign for any shirts they collect so that they can all be accounted for. Please make sure you know the relevant name and client code for every shirt you wish to collect.

Please be aware that shirts have all been ordered based on the size that each supporter selected when completing the response form and cannot be exchanged at the time of collection, as they have been ordered to suit the precise numbers requested in each size. Those wishing that they had selected a different size are strongly advised to keep their shirt bagged and tagged to explore the possibility of exchanging it with other fans in a similar position once all the shirts have been distributed.

As stated last August when the credit decision process was being undertaken, any supporters who deferred their credit as a discount off a 2021/2022 season ticket or asked for a refund do not qualify for a Fan Appreciation Shirt.

The Club once again wishes to reiterate its thanks to all the supporters who qualify for a Fan Appreciation Shirt and hope that it remains a treasured souvenir of the year you helped the Club through one of its most challenging periods.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/07/ ... -saturday/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Fan event this Saturday

Post by Caboosegg »

I find this event moronic, the virus numbers are skyrocketing again and we risk players on this?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 pm I find this event moronic, the virus numbers are skyrocketing again and we risk players on this?
Well quite..

Johnson has proclaimed victory against the virus hasn’t he it’s just no one has told the virus..
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am
Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 pm I find this event moronic, the virus numbers are skyrocketing again and we risk players on this?
Well quite..

Johnson has proclaimed victory against the virus hasn’t he it’s just no one has told the virus..
The club has a responsibility to fans and players and although I like the idea of the event, current covid figures in Wigan are extremely high. We have been lucky so far to avoid a large outbreak in the team but this event at this time seems like a unneeded risk.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am
Well quite..

The club has a responsibility to fans and players and although I like the idea of the event, current covid figures in Wigan are extremely high. We have been lucky so far to avoid a large outbreak in the team but this event at this time seems like a unneeded risk.
Well this seems a farce because the players are still being tested but they can be exposed to the great unwashed of the general public it is utter stupidity it really is.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My son and I went to this today as it being a weekend it was a day I could travel to pick the shirt up.

There was no direct interaction with the payers. They were all sat behind a bench which was behind a barrier.

I did nearly bump into John Bateman on the way out as he was just arriving. He’s bloody huge compared to what he looks like from row Y in the stand!

There was a queue around the block for the shirts and it was very well organised.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Had a great couple of hours this morning chatting to all the lads & having a good laugh with Jacko, who I may is mad as a box of frogs hyper or what!

Also had a a good chat with Rads & the guy, can’t remember his name who does the bars at Robin Park, who said he has missed the little chats we use to have at academy games 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan