More about Miski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

More about Miski

Post by josie andrews »

Learn more about one of Wigan’s new signings, Abbas Miski.

Lebanese international winger to join the Club in 2022.

Miski has signed a two-year deal with the option of a third year.

Following Monday’s announcement that Abbas Miski will join Wigan Warriors at the start of 2022, find out more about the Lebanese international winger…

Miski, 25, has signed a two-year contract with the Warriors and has the option of a third year.

Currently playing for London Broncos in the Betfred Championship, Miski has previously played for Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the NRL and has also represented his country in the World Cup.

Starting out at Arncliffe Scots and the Kingsgrove Colts, Miski played in the junior S.G. Ball Cup for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

In 2015, he played alongside current Wigan full back Bevan French for Parramatta Eels’ Under-20s team in the National Youth Competition and scored 12 tries in 24 games. Miski then joined North Sydney Bears in the Canterbury Cup New South Wales competition in 2016.

Two years later he joined the Wentworthville Magpies before signing for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles – the feeder team for Manly. Miski played a game at the Central Coast Stadium against Sydney Roosters in the Community Cup and scored three tries.

He made his first team debut for Manly in May 2019 against Canterbury-Bankstown, a game that Manly won 18-10. Predominantly that year Miski played for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles and finished the season the top try scorer with 12.

In 2020, Miski played in Manly’s final game of the NRL season against New Zealand Warriors and scored his first two tries for the Club. That game would be his final for Manly – seeing him making six appearances overall.

Last December, he signed for London and has so far this year played 13 games and scored 12 tries in the Betfred Championship.

Internationally, Miski is the son of Lebanese parents and first represented Lebanon in 2013 at Under-18s level. He made his first team debut for Lebanon in a 2014 Hayne/Mannah Cup match against Fiji and then went on to feature in all four games at the 2017 World Cup, including the quarter final defeat to Tonga, where he scored two tries. Overall, he has scored tries in nine games for his country, as well as converting ten goals.

On signing for the Warriors, Miski told Wigan TV: “I’ve tried to play my very best at London and a couple of opportunities came up and Wigan were on my eye from the very beginning. I know how great the Club is and everything about them speaks professionalism and I wanted to be here. I jumped on the opportunity.

“I know it’s a proud Club. Everyone who I’ve spoken to from Wigan takes pride in this Club and I definitely want to be a part of that. Next year will be exciting with it being the 150th year for the Club and I’m glad to be a part of that. I can’t wait.

“I definitely have a point to prove. I have a lot to improve in my game and I feel like this is the Club to help me do that. I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can be a consistent Super League player and I can offer something to this Club which will help us win trophies.

“The facilities at Robin Park Arena are fascinating. I’ve told all the coaches that it’s the best I’ve seen in a while. As a player, you have no choice but to improve using these facilities – there’s so much good going on here to become a better player.”

The full interview with Abbas is available to watch on Wigan TV. Click here to watch! Not signed up? Click here to join today for just £5.99 a month or £38.99 for a year

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/07/ ... out-miski/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: More about Miski

Post by moto748 »

Good luck to the lad.
bertina

Post by bertina »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:38 am Good luck to the lad.
Hope the lad does well.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just having a decent winger who can stay fit would be a bonus for us…… good luck lad
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ex Manly winger, that'll do for me
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:56 am Ex Manly winger, that'll do for me
You fishing meds😂😂