Get to know Kaide Ellis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Get to know Kaide Ellis

Post by josie andrews »

Find out more about recent signing Kaide Ellis.

NRL prop forward to join Wigan in 2022.

Ellis has signed a two-year deal with the option of a third year.

Australian Kaide Ellis has signed a two-year deal with Wigan Warriors starting from 2022. Find out more about the NRL prop forward…

Ellis, 24, will join Wigan from St George Illawarra Dragons next year and is set to stay at the DW Stadium until at least the end of 2023, with the option of a third year.

Born in Dubbo, New South Wales, Ellis played his junior Rugby League at St Johns Dubbo and South Dubbo Raiders.

He went on to sign for Penrith Panthers and won the 2015 National Youth Competition Grand Final.

Two years later, Ellis played in the Panthers State Championship Final against the PNG Hunters, where he was awarded Man of the Match.

In 2018, he made his first team debut for Penrith in Round 6 of the NRL season against the Gold Coast Titans, which resulted in a 35-12 win at Penrith Park.

After making eight appearances for Penrith, Ellis signed for St George Illawarra in 2020 and has played 14 games since, including six this year.

In January 2022, Ellis will make the move to Wigan and begin pre-season with his new teammates.

On signing for the Warriors, Ellis said: “I’m excited to be joining a successful club like Wigan with such proud history. I can’t wait to get over there put the work in, show what I can do and help deliver another trophy to the Club.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/07/ ... aide-ellis
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan