Squad v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:26 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 pm

He is still young but nowhere near as good as some think he is at present,plenty of time for him though just another example of young players being overplayed by Lam
I agree foz but hes created more this season than tommys career ,and gets slated
Smith get slated?not that I’ve seen he has at times been just as poor as Tommy is,he only looks the player he could be when he’s has Hastings as a partner…odd that isn’t it?
but smith is young and raw……. Whats tommys excuse? Hes the most uncreative half weve had for ages and only got away with it coz lockers used to act as an extra half to create
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I’m starting to see why this game is struggling - refs are absolutely shite and not happy watching this on sky as the commentary is rubbish also…
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

This is painful to watch, like most of our games this year. Why bring a player on with 5 minutes left. No time to change the game or have an influence on it. Surely Lam has to go, this is pathetic! On another note, Hicks is a terrible excuse for a referee.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Smith has put in some accurate kicks from ball in hand by all accounts, so clearly he's done some good things. And in the first half at least, they shared the kicking out a bit, which is obviously a good thing.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm
I agree foz but hes created more this season than tommys career ,and gets slated
Smith get slated?not that I’ve seen he has at times been just as poor as Tommy is,he only looks the player he could be when he’s has Hastings as a partner…odd that isn’t it?
but smith is young and raw……. Whats tommys excuse? Hes the most uncreative half weve had for ages and only got away with it coz lockers used to act as an extra half to create
Diabolical kicking game.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm
That’s my point and I’m not disagreeing with you but Smith is still young and raw and for me unless they can partner him with Hastings he shouldn’t be playing,he’s a long way off the finished article and in my opinion not as good as some think,yet.

As for Tommy it’s a year to long to be fair
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Well Wigans inability to score or beat a top side under Lam continues.

With that first half possession we should have been miles ahead but hey hoe we beat a weakened Wakefield and a Huddersfield at bare bones.

Warrington haven't played or trained in 3 weeks...

The annoying thing is if we won this game I could say plenty of positives but the fact that we can't post points means they obviously just look good but have no effect in game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:40 pm Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
I agree bar the Marshall injury, the fact my wire fan wife has been complaining he's biased towards wigans shows he's not been that bad.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Can’t compete with any of the top sides
Too many youngsters in the squad